Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For sure, all it takes is money

There will probably be (3) S54 wagons here next week....

Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Spent a little bit of time making the ZHP look like a car again. My goal was to get this car back together as cheaply as possible and then decide what to do with it. The following is certainly not ideal, but it is enough to make it a car again and then my wife can drive it and decide if she likes it. If she does we'll finish the body work and attend some of the other minor maintenance. If not then I might sell it as is, as I have to many other projects, or finish it and sell it or full S54 conversion. I'm not sure yet, but at least it's drivable now.

The original bumper came with the car, the damage was all above the bumper although there are some scratches on the top side, they might buff out I reinstalled it to check fitment. I have a good shape facelift sedan hood and tossed that on. It's black sapphire while the car is jet black. It's certainly not right, but it's ok for the time being. Here is after test fitting and you can see how dirty it is.

*Note, I do have the LH splash shield and brake duct, they were not securely fastened when I picked up the car and I pulled them off to make sure I didn't loose them in transit.

I have some headlights from another project, they came off a M3, but the housings themselves are the same. Then I pulled some lenses off an old set of ZKWs and made one good set from the (3) parts sets.

And All assembled.

Going after the rattle I started with a chain tensioner, they are extremely cheap and an easy start. As noted in the picture the original spring is a noticeable amount shorter. But no luck, rattle is still present. Interestingly enough I can't hear it anymore with the hood on it, so does that mean it's fixed? Just kidding we know it's not. I've got the full M54 Beisan Systems kit sitting on my desk, hope to get to that this weekend.

Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Looks like a keeper. Let's wait for your wife's comments.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Looking good! Hopefully I'll get to see the wagons and this car this week! Flying out tomorrow.

Nice work man. I started out with my latest zhp also just doing cheap restoration work thinking I may flip it, but the more I drove it the more I liked it and here we are.

Well, my wife is not really into the sedan. I think I'm going to either sell it as (the body work) or have it painted and then let it go. I've got a couple of wagon projects I should attend to and realistically it may be awhile before I can get the S54 swap done.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
    Well, my wife is not really into the sedan. I think I'm going to either sell it as (the body work) or have it painted and then let it go. I've got a couple of wagon projects I should attend to and realistically it may be awhile before I can get the S54 swap done.
    Sad news, but more wagons is never a bad thing, right?

Just wanted to say thanks for letting me stop by and hangout for a few hours on a weeknight, it was awesome seeing how many E46s and E39s you had!

I'm already making excel sheets for the swap... RIP my wallet.

Paras,
    Good meeting you too. Yes sad news about the car, but I'm probably going to finish the body work first.

You'll love the 6spd conversion.

Well, I currently have (4) E46 wagons and (2) ZHP sedans, plus some other domestics, bikes and a RV. I need to pair down my collection so I can spend more time driving than maintaining my fleet.

So the car is down to two fates:
    1. It gets re-homed as is
    2. Part it out

I really don't want to part the car, it's just to nice. BUT on the other hand for the price I have in it I can't buy the parts I could use for my track car project and then I'd still be left over with the shell and interior. So I'm hoping someone will save the car, but if I can't get close to what I think it's worth it'll be better for me financially to slice it up unfortunately.

I ended up taking the front seas, SZM, A-Pillars, one C-Pillar and the Eonon out of this car and put them in my IR ZHP. I've got the car all back together with a seat of black manual comfort vinyl seats, a stock radio and the old pillars out of my IR car. I need to pair down my projects so I can drive more and wrench less so this one is first to go.

Here is how she sits right now. The car is filthy because over sometime in the last couple of days a squirrel made a nest on top of the intake manifold and had a few babies. I'm hoping mama comes and gets them tonight so they don't die, but I'm not quite sure what will happen. I'll give her a few days to get them and then figure out what to do if that doesn't happen. But in the meantime I did my best not to disturb them or their nest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12