Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Fantastic update! Thanks for the photos, details, and captions. Very cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    This is amazing, I always enjoy your updates. Great pics and detailed info. Just curious, where does Matt live ? I don't see TX registration stickers on his cars.
    Indiana, he was able to drive it home from the rendezvous with the delivery truck and once since then, but not the roads are all nasty and he can only look at it for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Def awesomeness going on in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    So much drool on my keyboard right now

Well done George!
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Fantastic update! Thanks for the photos, details, and captions. Very cool!!
    Thanks guys!
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Just out of curiosity George, what data and video systems do you use in your track projects?

Just out of curiosity George, what data and video systems do you use in your track projects?
    I'm just using an AiM SOLO DL, no video. Racecar customers are usually run AiM products as well. HPDE guys are generally running Harrys or TrackAddict and cell phone camera.
    Last edited by GeorgeH; 02-06-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

I'll be on the lookout for Matt's car. Hope he lives in the Indy area. Such a BA build.

While Matt's car was in process I also had some other projects come through the shop.

A few months back this M3 came in to get a 6spd conversion (from SMG). He had a bunch of warning lights on and was complaining about poor shifting and thought it had a SMG failure. I diagnosed it to just be missing a fuse in the DSC which was causing the poor shift quality. After that was fixed he was delighted with the outcome and we focused our attention else where. I did the vanos lock down a while back, but we also found a couple cracks in the RACP (rear axle carrier panel or sometimes called subframe).

RF mount crack.

Stop drilled and welded.

Ground down and ready for plates.

My goto, CMP Auto Engineering plates going on.

Formed and burned in.

Primed.

And undercoated.

CMP RTAB/J

Subframe bushings were replaced with BMW bushings along with a new Guibo.

And getting lined up.

Guillaume brought in his carbon black M3 for replacement of a final drive mounting bushing. When I was inspecting the car it was found he had quite a few cracks in his RACP, so our bushing replacement turned into a full blown RACP repair. We did the usual, CMP plates, RTAB/J, Guibo, diff bushing and brake lines all around.

RTAB's dead.

Crack in drivers side arch.

Popped spot welds.

Cracks in the subframe attachment areas.

All disassembled and prepped.

Welded and seam sealer going on.

And back together and getting lined up.

Mike brought in his SpecE46 for a little bit of strut tower modification.

His negative camber was limited due to the struts hitting the strut tower opening. The passenger side had already been opened up, but the drivers side was stock. The strut towers were like you would expect from a racecar, they had lived a tough life, so I started by getting them all flattened out properly. He already had reinforcement plates installed but I riveted them to the tower (just to keep them from moving during servicing the alignment, struts, etc). Then traced out where I needed to cut and let the metal fly, the goal being to only remove enough material to not limit adjustment and still reach all the mounting hardware. I cleaned up some of the wiring and clearance the B+ terminal to allow access with everything assembled. Hopefully he can get the camber he needs otherwise we'll have to slot the factory bolt openings for more.

Is that a GT3RS in the background?
    Probably. I'm no expert on all of the Porsche body designations but their shop usually has loads of Porsche GTxxx and McLaren's.

Is that a GT3RS in the background?
    that it is
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast