Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What's going on in my shop currently...

I've had a few people ask to keep them updated on various projects I have going in my shop. If it's ok with the admins I thought it might be easier to chronicle everything in one thread, I'd keep my current project threads going but just update this thread on new cars and projects that some might find interesting.

If so, here goes.

I've converted some friends from the idea that to have fun with a car it needs to be a muscle car and big horsepower. These guys are now BMW fanatics as well, between the three of us we have (8) Wagons, (3) ZHPs, (2) E46 M3s and a 330ci. One of them has a S54 powered wagon we built last year and with my S54 wagon the third guy was feeling left out.

He had been looking for a slicktop wagon, but ended up finding a slicktop ZHP. So Monday he and I flew out to Long Beach and picked it up. The car is a '05 Alpine on Alcantara with a slicktop and is stick shift. We landed in LB made the deal in the air port packing lot and hit the road. First gas stop.

We ended up driving straight through the night to get back home. The little car did great. 25+mpg running a bit on the high side of the speed limit. Needless to say I am jealous of his find. Future plans are to marry it with the best of this:

He is a deal hunter like I am and the plan was to buy anything and everything we could fit into the car on the way home (and/or possibly another car if we found one decent enough). The ZHP was supposed to have fold down rear seats so we were going to drive to Denver and pick-up a NB wagon interior since it was "on the way" lol. The ZHP ended up not having fold down seats and we just didn't think it would fit as is. BUT we did locate this lot of S54 items. The seller had it listed for weeks on craigslist in LA and no one snagged it. These are all S54 parts, highlights are new rod bearings and ring set, oil pan, valve cover, 6spd trans minus bell housing (might be junk then) a SS braided Vanos oil hose and a BRAND NEW Rogue Engineering M3 shifter setup ($425 on RE website!) all of this for.... $40. YES!

Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Well done. The AW ZHP looks really sharp. That's my favorite color next to IR.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Definitely subbing to this!

Is this going to compliment the dad wagon as the Sunday car?

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Well done. The AW ZHP looks really sharp. That's my favorite color next to IR.
    I'm opposite from you AW > IR > Everything else (except some individual colors) you can tell that I'm jealous of this find and now I can't get one unless he sells it, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplian View Post
    Definitely subbing to this!

Is this going to compliment the dad wagon as the Sunday car?
    Dad wag will be the hotrod/track car this will be the everyday car and he has the black wagon that may get the ZHP drivetrain.

Dad wag (Sahara Beige and The other S54 wagon)

Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

That is living the life, what a blast. Thanks for the updates.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Only 41 ZHP sedans were built in that specific combo (AW, MT, Alcantara). If you add slicktop the number is even smaller.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Looks like a very clean base, can’t wait to watch the swap progress. I think an s54 swap is my next move as well.

Tell him congrats on the pick up
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Only 41 ZHP sedans were built in that specific combo (AW, MT, Alcantara). If you add slicktop the number is even smaller.
    Wow, I did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Looks like a very clean base, can’t wait to watch the swap progress. I think an s54 swap is my next move as well.

Tell him congrats on the pick up
    I certainly will. I have been trying to get him to join the forum, maybe he will introduce himself.

Great idea for a thread!

My cousin has wanted a fun, stick car for a while and his thinking was something along the lines of a g8. Once he drove my car though, he started looking for a BMW, something he had never considered before. Ended up getting an 06 330xi 6 speed and loves it so far. I looove converting people into believers

I've had white cars since 2010 and when I was looking for a ZHP was ok with every color BUT AW and black (really wanted a blue exterior with a brown interior). So what did I end up getting? an AW - the deal was too good to pass, flew to TX, picked it up and drove it back home to NY

Nice find on the AW car! Would love to be back in something like that for a daily.
    -Dave

2004 330i ZHP sedan- 6 speed swapped, Corsa exhaust
    1997 AW 328i- S52 swapped
    2004 IR 330i ZHP 6MT- aFe Stage 1, Shark Injector, RE Underdrives, Dforce LTWs- SOLD
    1997 Technoviolet M3/2/5- LS1/T56 swapped- SOLD

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast