Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I replied earlier to that thread and said the same thing!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    There's another theory on post #5: "Based on the large section of missing wheel, it looks like to me the left front brake caliper got loose from the hub and broke through the wheel, locking the left front and you spun. You must have caught the soft shoulder and it flipped you."

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1866773
    To me it looks like the barrel of the rim is bent inside towards the center/hub. I would highly doubt that the wheel failed from a repair after 3yrs.

Small to medium bends I don't think twice about them. Cracks are a different story though, I do have a wheel that was cracked and repaired. I don't have any concern running that on my street cars that aren't being driven at the limit, but I will not drive that wheel on track where I'll be banging it off curbs. YMMV and all that stuff, do what allows you to sleep at night.
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12