Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

FS: 2004 330i ZHP MT / Silvergray / Natural Brown / 115K / So Cal

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Up for sale is my 2004 Silver-gray / Natural Brown ZHP sedan with manual transmission. I purchased this car from a fellow mafia member, Mike Mooney, in April 2017 when it had 113,000 miles. It now has almost 115,000 miles. Obviously, it’s not my daily driver. The problem is, according to my wife, is that I have too many “weekend” cars?! My other weekend cars are a 2001 e39 5 speed with a low mileage ZHP motor and a 1972 turbocharged Alfa Berlina. So it has been a hard decision between the e39 and the e46. Particularly because the color combo of this ZHP sedan is very rare; only 14 with manual transmissions were brought to the USA in this color combo. I thought if I was going to own a ZHP sedan long term, then a rare color combo would be the one to own. Once I talked with Mike and learned the car’s documented maintenance history, I bought it sight unseen and had it shipped to CA.

Because I’ve always maintained/repaired my cars myself, I’m very picky that they perform as they were intended. Over my two year ownership, the following maintenance/repairs have been performed:

• New Hankook Evo V12 tires (f&r) ;
    • Wheels Powder coated
    • Drilled Front Brake Rotors w/ Akebono pads (f&r) – new brake fluid
    • New Front control arms with Powerflex rear bushings
    • New steering coupling; new engine and trans mounts; Powerflex sway bar bushings
    • New power steering pump, reservoir/filter and fluid
    • Transmission & Differential Oils changed
    • DISA valve rebuilt with German Auto Solutions Kit
    • Transmission shifter bushings replaced
    • Rear Differential Support Bushing replaced
    • Burned out ZKW Bixenons replaced with Morimoto D2S 4.0 projectors
    • New hood insulation
    • Broken radio volume knob repaired

Now you understand why I haven’t driven many miles! Of course, sorting a car mechanically is only part of the process. Why not improve/upgrade areas that can make the car even more enjoyable to own and drive? One of the previous owners, fellow mafia member Jeff Cadell, obviously believes the same…. Besides replacing the clutch/flywheel and fuel pump around 85K miles, he also added LED Angel eyes, Dinan Stage 1 software tune and a BMW Performance airbox during his ownership.

The upgrades / improvements that I made to this car include:
    • Eibach Pro Kit Springs ( their mildest street spring)
    • Koni FSD struts and shocks
    • ECS front shock tower brace
    • Reinforced upper strut and shock supports
    • AFE intake air scoop
    • Matte Black front grille
    • Recovered Leather Steering wheel (sourced from Germany)
    • 5 Star paint protectant/sealant

Previous preventative maintenance/repairs made by prior owners include:
    • Oil pan gasket and oil filter housing gasket replaced at 80k miles
    • Vanos rebuilt and valve cover gasket replaced at 93K miles
    • CCV valve and breather hoses replaced at 100K miles
    • Complete Cooling System refresh at 106K miles

Like many of you, I’ve been watching the sales of manual ZHPs on the Mafia BB as well as BringATrailer (BaT). Recently there was a Mystic Blue / Natural Brown manual ZHP with 109K miles that auctioned for $14,500 on BaT. Besides a modified exhaust, the car was basically stock. Looked like a very nice, one owner car. Great color combo. However, no mention of any repairs typically required around 100K miles: valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, clutch, cooling system refresh, front control arm bushings, etc. I suspect the new buyer will be addressing many of these items before too many miles.

I’m over 60 now and I’ve bought and sold numerous cars in my life. My cars are always sorted mechanically during my ownership and sold that way. This ZHP performs better than stock; its steering/handling is awesome! I had a local independent BMW shop perform a pre purchase inspection 500 miles ago, and he really liked the car. Obviously, he knows BMWs and is a good judge of when they are right. His only recommendation was to replace the rear differential support bushing that had some cracking. So I replaced it.

Given all the preventative maintenance and upgrades this car has received, in addition to its unique color combination, I think this car is worth $14,500 too. I’m hoping there a fellow Mafia member who is looking for a great weekend road car and agrees. Feel free to call me at 714 501-2163 if you are interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images            

GLWS. Hope this beauty goes to a good home.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

I love your interior! GLWS
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

What a fabulous looking - and cared for - ZHP. Based on recent Bring a Trailer sales, I think your asking price is fair but clearly at the top of the market. And you have to consider that modified cars, no matter how well done, generally command lower values than original cars. GLWTS!
    '03 ZHP
    Apex, NC

Car SOLD this morning for $14K. New owner, Dennis, lives in Berkeley so this car will stay on the West Coast. Like me, Dennis found the color combo very desirable, as well as the modifications and service/maintenance history. Plans to keep the car as a weekend fun car, which was my hope and desire for this car too. Hard to see this car ever losing value from this price point, especially with limited miles going forward. So happy I found the right buyer !

Thanks also to the ZHP Mafia BB ! Just donated $100 to support operations too.... Thanks again to everyone who made comments or expressed interest !

Gary

Congrats

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

Congrats!
    '03 ZHP
    Apex, NC

Congrats on the sale. Berkeley is really close to me, I hope to see it around! What's the deal with the AFE intake scoops?