Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So I removed the rain sensor again and cleaned all silicone from the window and prism. This time I used 3M VHB transparent double-sided tape. It is crystal clear and the prism is stuck to the window nicely. But it still doesn't work at all. No sensors even register an inkling of anything in INPA. The light sensor works fine though.

If you take the rain sensor off the windshield with it on, should you be able to see the LEDs lit up inside the sensor? Because mine don't have anything lit up. I even used my cell phone camera in case it was an infrared light. The camera would pick it up and show it but our eyes can't see it naturally. Again nothing with the camera.

I'm at a loss. The only other thing I can think of is that the Fuyao glass has the wrong refractive index for the rain sensor. But somehow I highly doubt that.

There are four wires going to this RLS. Power, kbus, ground, and a 4th that I have to look up. I guess I need to start measuring voltages.
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

was this car a factory rain sensor car? or was it retrofitted to the car? you may need to check the wiring from the rain sensor plug to the GM5 module to make sure signal has continuity.

power
    ground
    Kbus
    wiper signal
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    was this car a factory rain sensor car? or was it retrofitted to the car?
    It's a 2004 so it came standard with the sensor.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It's a 2004 so it came standard with the sensor.
    oh ok good to know.

if it were me. i would remove the sensor again, remove glue as well and make sure the purple mounting plate is clean from adhesive.. then mount the sensor attached to the purple plate to an empty, open and clean place on the windshield and use TAPE to hold it to the windshield so it doesnt fall off. then try your initialisation test again with INPA and see if your results are any different with out any adhesive in the way.

also make sure your RLS sensor ends in 954, that's the right one you want to use.

find a friend that has a rain sensor car, try your sensor in their car and vice versa ,try their sensor in your car.

start trouble shooting specific things instead of just the glue right now.

use NCS Expert if you can to download the RC file from the RLS sensor and see what its settings are. maybe even flash the module with DEFAULTS. you do that by making sure your *.MAN file is BLANK and NCS expert will flash any module with the vehicle chassis specific defaults based on the VO.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Wow great post thank you. I did not think of just sticking it to another part of the window to test. Also, didn't realize I could flash it with NCS. I will download the file from it and see what it says. My only skepticism is the fact that multiple sensors do not play well with this window/prism. But sticking it on another part of the glass is a great idea.
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12