Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FCP Euro Summer Sale 2019 Now Thru June 30th

Thank you for the order! That is one clean engine bay you have there, give it some elbow grease first, might get it to where you are comfortable with the filter cover.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    The day before the FCP sale I ordered a new windshield cowl from FCP. I just installed it, looks great, but now it makes the cabin air filter cover look tired and awful. I think I've opened a cosmetic can of worms

well, you talked me right out of buying it....... just tried Mr Clean Eraser on it and it was amazing how much black color came off on the sponge, but not entirely "faded" free. So I wanted to try a something more agressive but not too abrasive to get the rest of it. I grabbed one of my favorites "Bar Keepers Friend" which we use to get stainless steel and polished aluminum looking new (think AllClad pans). Wow, that did it. There is a spritz of Armor-all on it, but I can live with this look.

Oh, ignore the ragged hood insulation hanging down in pic, that's coming from FCP today
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    - Pete
    [SIGPIC]

I certainly wasn't trying to take a sale away from FCP. In fact, I've got a couple of maintenance items I need to order myself anyway. Might as well do it this weekend...

Nice! I'll have to remem Bar Keepers for that type of thing, I do use it for a lot of other cleaning stuff, works awesome.

Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by sparky300; 06-29-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Well, part 2 of my picture showing the new windshield cowl was that drooping hood insulation that I also had on order with FCP. I've always had good luck with FCP - but a couple issues this time

First

The insulation didn't arrive last Saturday like the tracking said, or Monday...... Tuesday morning I receive an email saying:

- Thanks for choosing FCP Euro!

- We’ve received and processed your return.

What? What return? I never even received it!!!! I immediately called them, spoke with Jessica who was apologetic about the snafu and had really no idea what happened. But she immediately put it back on order and I finally received it yesterday.... A+ for customer service

Second

The description for the Hood Insulation - BMW 51488193941 says:

- [I]]This hood insulation pad attaches to the underside of your BMW's hood. Over time this piece can disintegrate necessitating replacement.

- When ordering this insulation pad we also recommend replacing the plastic rivets, part number 51481915964 (16 required)

Huh? I only see 4 rivets on my original (and in the image on the website), but hey, they're cheap, so I order the recommended 16...........

Any one need 12 unused rivets? FCP - you may want to check the wording........ Guess I'll toss these 12 rivets in with their bothers - that lifetime supply of rivets in my tool box after owning 3 BMW's

And - hey, BTW - the part fit great - thanks FCP. A+ for quality too. Totally satisfied there. Transformed the engine bay!

I'm still a satisfied and loyal FCP customer, but this transaction was a bit our of their norm
    - Pete
    [SIGPIC]

pedro2u, apologies this order did not go 100%, but happy that Jess here was able to sort things out for you and get you out the needed insulation material.

I have updated the listing to reflect the 4 needed clips, and I will be sure to get you refunded for the extra 12 you have on hand. If there is anything else you may need or anything we can do for you feel free to message us on PM or to email us directly.

Thanks again for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    Well, part 2 of my picture showing the new windshield cowl was that drooping hood insulation that I also had on order with FCP. I've always had good luck with FCP - but a couple issues this time

First

The insulation didn't arrive last Saturday like the tracking said, or Monday...... Tuesday morning I receive an email saying:

- Thanks for choosing FCP Euro!

- We’ve received and processed your return.

What? What return? I never even received it!!!! I immediately called them, spoke with Jessica who was apologetic about the snafu and had really no idea what happened. But she immediately put it back on order and I finally received it yesterday.... A+ for customer service

Second

The description for the Hood Insulation - BMW 51488193941 says:

- [I]]This hood insulation pad attaches to the underside of your BMW's hood. Over time this piece can disintegrate necessitating replacement.

- When ordering this insulation pad we also recommend replacing the plastic rivets, part number 51481915964 (16 required)

Huh? I only see 4 rivets on my original (and in the image on the website), but hey, they're cheap, so I order the recommended 16...........

Any one need 12 unused rivets? FCP - you may want to check the wording........ Guess I'll toss these 12 rivets in with their bothers - that lifetime supply of rivets in my tool box after owning 3 BMW's

And - hey, BTW - the part fit great - thanks FCP. A+ for quality too. Totally satisfied there. Transformed the engine bay!

I'm still a satisfied and loyal FCP customer, but this transaction was a bit our of their norm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12