Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Sweet dad car. Nice price. I liked the d e70s I had as loaners (sadly too many loaners w x5m)
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Thanks Stu. The diesel seems to be pretty reliable. We’re hoping that the rest of it treats us well.
    It has a few annoying issues like the comfort access on the drivers door handle doesn’t work and the passenger seat occupancy sensor is permanently on. PDC malfunctions randomly but I can live with all that for now.

Seems every one with an X5 M sells them within a year or two. Shame such an awesome vehicle has to be do unreliable
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Not much to update. Filled the DEF tanks. Took about 3 gallons to fill both tanks.

Painted both lower center grills.
    Installed BMW cross bars for the roof box and new wiper blades for the trip to Ohio

We had new wheels and tires to put on but they sent us the wrong size wheels. Got that sorted out but they won’t be here until next week.
    The wheels are Savini and the tires are continental DSW06

Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

New wheels on. I’m really liking them!
    20X10.5 front 20X11 rear
    New Conti DWS all the way around
    Got an OEM trailer hitch installed as well

Also have applied the Rod Sutphin trans tune. This made a huge difference in the performance of the 6speed auto. Sport mode shifts are amazing and I also have rev matching now in sport mode.
    In stock form the transmission suffers from sluggishness and poor shifting.... frustration and boredom

Next up is a full emissions delete and tune. Huge torque gains and about 8-9 mpg better fuel economy.

Last edited by Sockethead; 09-29-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    H&R sport springs,

Rob’s 2011 X5 35D X drive

Look into xDelete too. You can have control of xDrive! People who have done it love the feeling of a RWD diesel X5.

https://www.xdelete.app/xdelete_faq.pdf
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Thanks for the link! I thought that was only for the F series
    H&R sport springs,

Rob’s 2011 X5 35D X drive

Full emissions delete finished yesterday. Took a week. What a F’n PITA! I’ll never want to do that again. Just have to install the Malone 2.9 tune. This thing will be a beast!

Here’s the pile of parts I removed:

ATM 4” down pipe and mid pipe

Manifold removed for swirl flap delete

H&R sport springs,

Yeah, I'm jelly.

Was the delete a full DIY job? I got a quote from tunemyeuro but I'd prefer to do it myself...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    Yeah, I'm jelly.

Was the delete a full DIY job? I got a quote from tunemyeuro but I'd prefer to do it myself...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    If you can afford it, get them to do it. I wouldn't wish that job on my worst enemy. Everything is barely accessible. I had to use a mirror to see most of the electrical connections, bolts, etc. You have to drop the subframe to get the DPF out in one piece unless you don't want to salvage it, then you can cut the vacuum tubes off of it. My hands are shredded from trying to fit them in places they weren't meant to fit. The under carriage is all plastic panels that have to be removed. The passenger side motor mount and bracket have to come out. Took me about a week to get it done and that included two full 8 hr days. Laying on the garage floor for several days is not fun.
    I'm sure if I had to do it again, I could cut a lot of time off the procedure, now that I know what to do but I'll never do that again.
    Her's a post/tutorial about how to remove the DPF and EGR https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1307679

Also, I'd recommend a trans tune as well. I got that done before I did the emissions delete. It makes a huge difference. The transmission performance was my biggest complaint about the 35D in stock form. I went with Rod Stutfins tune.
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Just have to install the Malone 2.9 tune.
    That’s where my BMW BFF works!! I visit them all the time. They’ll be working on my dad’s N57 as the testing bed!! I’ve driven Malone’s 335d stage 2.9. He gave me the key and I went out on my own for half an hour. It was INSANE!!!!! My heart was thumping and I tried to text my group what I experienced but it was near impossible to put into words after being sent into a parallel monster torque universe. It’s the fastest non M BMW I’ve been in and it’ll easily trump all OEM ///M cars too! LOL

Rob talk to my bff Josh, and he might be able to get you a deal. He works closely with the owner of Malone. His dad purchased their 335d after M57 development was finished and Josh owns a plethora of classic BMWs along with his E46M.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast