Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks fellas!

Black grills installed. Just gotta paint the two lower grills to match.

15% tint all around

Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Def like that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Congrats.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Congrats! Looks very nice.

I owned a 2015 TDi Touareg... 415 lb-ft of torque was nice! Better keep plenty of adblue on hand so you don't ever run out. I never ran out but read that if you let it run dry, the vehicle won't start. That would suck if you're a long way from home without any adblue.

The only car I've ever owned with 315mm tires was a 1990 Corvette ZR-1. I'm always amazed to see an SUV with tires that wide.
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Congrats.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Congrats! Looks very nice.

I owned a 2015 TDi Touareg... 415 lb-ft of torque was nice! Better keep plenty of adblue on hand so you don't ever run out. I never ran out but read that if you let it run dry, the vehicle won't start. That would suck if you're a long way from home without any adblue.

The only car I've ever owned with 315mm tires was a 1990 Corvette ZR-1. I'm always amazed to see an SUV with tires that wide.
    Thanks!
    Yea, I plan on eliminating that whole system eventually. It will make some really good numbers with all that gone.
    The e53 4.8is we had, had those tires on it. I was surprised to see them on this though
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

You probably already have full hookups for big tuning. But if you need any other. My buddy works at Malone tuning. They specialize in diesels. They have really good clean development on the M57 and N47. I’m waiting for them to get time to start on N57 development so the F10 can be a monster.

After driving their mostly stock looking 335d with an approx 11.3 quarter mile....I’m blown away how much power is made with high reliability kept in mind with their tunes. Yes for burning up the Dino juice!!!!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

I’m new to the diesel. Don’t know much about them yet. Any suggestions would be helpful
    I installed the Burger Tuning JB-D and took it down to Savannah yesterday. I’m not that impressed.
    I’m probably going to do a full emissions delete including the swirl flaps and get a tune but that will be down the road. That’s a lot of work and $
    H&R sport springs,

Rob’s 2011 X5 35D X drive

I asked my friend about what you have. He works at a diesel tuning shop with in house dynos and said what you have is usually good for people who want to be able to maintain warranty but if you don’t have warranty he said it’s far more worth it to get the full tune done.

From my experience the EGR system is like hot air intake and since exhaust is not O2 rich it’ll reduce power but burn more efficiently. Its also feeding carbon back through so removing will keep just clean air being sucked into the engine and keeping swirl flaps clean.

The DPF constricts flow because it’s filtering out that rich rolling coal fuel which is great but not great for pure exhaust flow. At different interval of driving your engine will allow the exhaust to burn hotter, heating up the DPF and burning off all the diesel soot from the filter to keep it unclogged.

The adblue system just sprays minute amounts into the exhaust just before the muffler to convert exhaust gases to a more friendly nitrogen and water gas. If it ever goes empty the engine will be instructed not to start until filled up. If the sensor is working you will get plenty of wanting to fill it up. Usually you’ll fill it up on every oil change. But with time the pump and sensor could get contaminated by crystallized adblue causing a more expensive failure of that system.

Those are the biggest Achilles heal of all three systems. Once removed and tuned to operate without them, the engine will output enormously more power as I witnessed with my friends 335d. The better the tune, the cleaner and more reliable the exhaust burn as it’s a balance over power and heat. A good tune will only let out a mild grey haze at WOT before turbos have fully spooled. It should not deposit a blackhole in the intersection sucking in petrol drivers and making them fear for their lives. LOL.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Congrats!

One hell of a Grocery Getter!

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    The adblue system just sprays minute amounts into the exhaust just before the muffler to convert exhaust gases to a more friendly nitrogen and water gas. If it ever goes empty the engine will be instructed not to start until filled up. If the sensor is working you will get plenty of wanting to fill it up. Usually you’ll fill it up on every oil change. But with time the pump and sensor could get contaminated by crystallized adblue causing a more expensive failure of that system.
    I wonder how I check that system. I looked through the OB on the stalk and system info etc. in iDive and there was nothing about that.
    H&R sport springs,

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast