Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

(SOLD) ZKW Xenons with AL lenses (pics added)

Asking $150 OBO for the PAIR of ZKW lights, which includes AL projector lenses that need slight adjusting*, but no xenon bulbs. Specific details of condition are below.

----------
    These are left over after completing my retrofit of ZKW projector lenses into AL headlights. I did this with two sets of headlights, so I wouldn't have to remove mine from my car. Therefore, the only parts used out of the ZKW housings were the ZKW projector lenses. They were swapped out for the AL lenses, so technically the lights are compete, just with AL projector lenses.

These ZKWs are TESTED and work. They also the standard issues: burned bowls (pics), cracking wiring insulation for the bi-xenon solenoid (pics), and worn outer plastic covers/lenses (pics).

I'll also include the original AL plastic lenses off the lights on my car now that were replaced with new ones. For the AL plastic lenses, I wet-sanded them and polished and sprayed clear coat, which didn't work as I had hoped, so re-wet-sanded the clear coat off down to 3000 grit. They are pretty smooth but need polishing after the wet-sanding, and I didn't bother with my DA again because I was getting new ones anyway.

*In regards to the AL projector lenses needing adjusting: for whatever reason, the ZKW projector lens housing has the locating tab off center at about 5 o'clock (pics), whereas the AL housings have the locating tab at 6 o'clock. This doesn't matter for the ZKW lens, since it is continuous and clear, but the AL lenses have that line on them, which when put in the ZKW housing is offset from horizontal by about 15-20 degrees. (Pictures of this will make more sense). Easy solution is take a dremel to the edge and cut a notch for it to sit correctly in the housing. I will let the new owner tackle that. In the brief testing to make sure the ballasts and ignitors work, that line didn't seem to make much of a difference in my garage.

I'm trying to be as specific as possible with the condition and feel like the pricing is reasonable, considering some other pricing I see around. I just want to get rid of these to someone who needs parts or a decent set of lights to work on for a project for a reasonable price. Please ask any questions you would like. Thanks

Pics in next post
    Last edited by racer2086; 09-24-2019 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Updating listing after pics and testing
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

Pics

So first, they work. And for the burned bowls, they actually look decently bright?

Driver's side:

You can see the line on the AL lens. That's the line that isn't horizontal because of the placement of the notch (see later pics).

Passenger Side:

(Not sure what my phone did to this pic?)

Close-ups of wiring:

Notch in the AL lens vs ZKW holder:

AL lenses:
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

Bump. Someone make an offer on these. I want them gone. I'll put them on eBay, but I'd rather sell them on here.

(SOLD) ZKW Xenons with AL lenses (pics added)

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Sold on Ebay.

Edit: how do I change the main thread title on the forum page?