Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Broken hose on the upper intake boot?

So while trying to replace my lower intake boot I noticed that the smaller line off the F connecter from the upper intake boot had some really brittle rubberized foam on it. While trying to pop out the F connecter that line came apart and I can figure out what this part is.
    I'm not sure what the line is for but from what I've read it's some sort of fuel vent? Until I figure what to do I'm going to heat strink this thing so I can keep driving until I find a more permanent solution.
    Anyone know what this thing is and where to get something to fix it?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It's a vacuum line for the fuel filter. Not sure how important it is, but I replaced it with this when I changed my fuel filter:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/3-5...itech-n0203535

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    It's a vacuum line for the fuel filter. Not sure how important it is, but I replaced it with this when I changed my fuel filter:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/3-5...itech-n0203535
    That's it. By the looks of it only the rubber connection is the issue, is there something for that specifically? I'm going to try drive it and see if there are any issues but from what I've read this hose isn't under much pressure and doesnt seem massively important.
    If there are arent any issues I might just wait until I replace the fuel filter, in the next ~10k miles to thoroughly fix it.

I did the same thing and broke mine like 6 years ago. I rigged it with a piece of tygon tubing. It's been fine every since.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

They deteriorate all the time, very common. It is an emissions item, if the diaphragm for the fuel pressure regulator fails and leaks fuel, the leaked fuel enters the vacuum hose and gets drawn into the engine as opposed to leaking to atmosphere.
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
    They deteriorate all the time, very common. It is an emissions item, if the diaphragm for the fuel pressure regulator fails and leaks fuel, the leaked fuel enters the vacuum hose and gets drawn into the engine as opposed to leaking to atmosphere.
    Hmm. I feel like I would rather it go into the atmosphere, but I'm guessing the EPA wouldn't like that

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeNick View Post
    Hmm. I feel like I would rather it go into the atmosphere, but I'm guessing the EPA wouldn't like that

Lol! Personally I'd rather not have fuel dripping from the car right next to the exhaust, but I hear ya

I've never seen a M54 car leak, but the M52TUs in the E36 saw this a couple of times. It ended up causing rich mixture faults illuminating the CEL. Took awhile to figure it. And I think I saw it one other time where the intake was pulled apart and found fuel in the hose without any other symptoms.
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Snowboarding in Lake Tahoe in a green jacket, Comrade?

Quote Originally Posted by RamTheJam View Post
    Snowboarding in Lake Tahoe in a green jacket, Comrade?
    Are you talking about my pfp? Yeah that's Tahoe, pic is several years old. Also I ski