Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

russlan44 neglected child Maintenance/Project

So after 7 years and wifey mentioning time to time that she wouldn't mind driving manual car again and prefers it would be a bmw. Her current car is 2012 priusV and im driving 2010 prius and our family car is 2010 Sequoia, so we moved on from bmw's about 5 years ago. 7 years ago we had 1 kid and second on way, she drove 2003 imola red 6spd manual, she got an upgrade to e60 auto, shortly after we were expecting 3rd kid and sold the e60 and got 07 tundra 4 door short bed, and that was her daily for 5 years. Slowly we moved towards Toyota's, last month we were visiting my brother who owns e36 m3 and e60 550i, walking up the drive way between 2 bmw's wife mentioned to me that she wouldn't mind driving the manual one, which is m3 and would trade her prius for something manual.

I didn't tell wifey about 2003 Imola red 6spd ZHP with 150.000miles purchase, she got home with kids, she was not happy about it, kids were super excited about it. I handed her the key and told her she can be the first one to drive it. Of course she got in, cranked it up and it started. I checked the fluids before she started it but did not drive it. I bought it sight unseen except couple of pictures, no test drive or maintenance log. This will be a slow maintenance project due to work, school and family time.

The headache begins.................
    Idle is bouncy
    Scanned for codes and got 2
    P0430 camshaft position sensor A
    P1315 and this one is somewhat mystery for me, if anyone knows let me know

Here's my little helpers

Also what are everybody using to host pictures? photobucket has that logo
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by russlan44; 08-14-2019 at 11:18 PM. Reason: m

Took off front bumper to check why horn is not working found some ripped wiring to both sides missing plug for horn on drivers side and passenger side missing plug for thermo switch and fender liner doesn't even have a hole for it. Crappy electrical tape job on AMBIENT air sensor and fog light wire cracked in different places. Both horns are not working either.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Glad to see you have help available. To load pics, I use the "insert image" icon. I'm using the browser, BTW. Not sure about tapatalk.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Did a vacuum leak test and found my leak coming from camshaft position sensor, while swapping out to new camshaft position sensor, it appears to me the previous owner had changed it and in the process swapping it used huge pliers or pipe wrench to unscrew variable timing solenoid and left teeth marks on it and smooting some of it out.
    Idle is not jumpy anymore as it used to.
    - my ghetto set up
    Kids air mattress pump
    Pack of swisher
    Glove and zip tie over intake

Hopefully that will solve my check engine problem. Aldo I think it's still running rough like misfiring.

Looks like it will be a fun project!

Hope it all goes well!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

That’s a brilliant DIY smoke machine! We used a bike pump and a soldering iron to melt some plastic for smoke haha.

As for image hosting, I use Flickr when I’m uploading via desktop. On mobile I use the Tapatalk upload but the quality is pretty crappy and it reduces resolution like crazy.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

While I was changing the starter I wired up new horns. Is there a way to turn off daylight running lights without coding?

Wanted to upgrade my basic rear view mirror, I got one with home link and compass. I turned my mirror to the side to take it off and this happened, it snapped off with metal ring that it holds on. Also plugged in the new mirror, home link and compass aren't lighting up, will need to check the pins. Checked my trunk before getting the new mirror and it said pre wired for home link.

Bummer. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast