Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Whammy's Dadwagon Project - Outback 3.6R

So, some of you know I recently sold the ZHP to another enthusiast here in the Denver area. It was time to pass her on and I'm glad the ZHP has gone to a good home. With losing my 4Runner to a car accident and frame rust, I needed a vehicle that could do both winter and summer duties in Colorado and be somewhat fun to drive.

Last month, I picked up a 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited. It has under 30,000mi and is fully warranted up to 100,000mi. I got what I thought was a good deal on the purchase, especially buying the extended warranty at employee pricing.

Planned Mods for the OB:
    • Weather Floor Mats - Front, Rear, Cargo *Done*
    • Upgraded Rear Sway Bar *Done*
    • Upgraded Front & Rear Sway Bar Bushings *Done, partially*
    • Transmission Anti-Wobble Bushing
    • Catback or Custom Exhaust
    • Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch
    • XRT Engine Tuning
    Last edited by Whammy; 01-21-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Sold: '03 ZHP

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

Whammy's Dadwagon Project - Outback 3.6R

Congratulations from another new Subie owner. We just picked up a 2018 2.5 Limited CPO.
    I have not even driven ours yet (wife’s DD).
    I’m interested in a hitch as well. And some type of bike rack (hitch or roof mounted).

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Congratulations from another new Subie owner. We just picked up a 2018 2.5 Limited CPO.
    I have not even driven ours yet (wife’s DD).
    I’m interested in a hitch as well. And some type of bike rack (hitch or roof mounted).
    I saw that! I am going this route with the hitch: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...leid=201669970

This version does not require any drilling into the frame. The rear bumper needs to be pulled off so that it can be attached.
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Whammy View Post
    I saw that! I am going this route with the hitch: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...leid=201669970

This version does not require any drilling into the frame. The rear bumper needs to be pulled off so that it can be attached.
    I hadn’t seen that one. I watched a YouTube video today on one that requires holes drilled. I think I may take that route. #dunno

Cool purchase, Whammy!

Not a lot of updates since purchasing. I've added Weathertech front/rear/cargo mats. I also hit 30,000mi this weekend (car had 26,000mi when purchased).

Decided to change the oil and discovered the oil pan gushes fluid. Almost spilled onto my garage floor. Great design Subaru. #facepalm
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Not a lot of updates since purchasing. I've added Weathertech front/rear/cargo mats. I also hit 30,000mi this weekend (car had 26,000mi when purchased).

Decided to change the oil and discovered the oil pan gushes fluid. Almost spilled onto my garage floor. Great design Subaru. #facepalm
    Good to know (assume the 2.5 is similar). I may go for the extraction route...

BTW how are you liking the eyesight adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and whatever they call the thing that nudges you back towards the middle of the lane?

Good to know (assume the 2.5 is similar). I may go for the extraction route...
    If the bolt is a 17mm, beware. Should you do the drain method, putting the car on ramps gives you more room to access the pan. It can be done without the ramps, but given the way the pan drops fluid, having the additional room is nice.

BTW how are you liking the eyesight adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and whatever they call the thing that nudges you back towards the middle of the lane?
    The adaptive cruise control is a useful feature. I will say you still need to pay attention to traffic. Otherwise you'll always going with slower traffic. I did have one case where the car should have applied a significant amount of brake pressure and didn't. I had to stomp on the brakes to avoid a collision. I think the system got slightly confused because of how traffic was flowing.

Lane departure warning is useful but annoying. It's more of a tattle tale. The lane assist is a really nice feature especially if you're the type that wandered in-between the lane.

What is the most annoying? The seat belt nazi! As soon as the car moves, it's complaining about people not wearing seatbelts.

I really dislike the infotainment system. It's a huge disappointment.
    Last edited by Whammy; 12-11-2018 at 06:15 AM.
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

If the bolt is a 17mm, beware. Should you do the drain method, putting the car on ramps gives you more room to access the pan. It can be done without the ramps, but given the way the pan drops fluid, having the additional room is nice.

The adaptive cruise control is a useful feature. I will say you still need to pay attention to traffic. Otherwise you'll always going with slower traffic. I did have one case where the car should have applied a significant amount of brake pressure and didn't. I had to stomp on the brakes to avoid a collision. I think the system got slightly confused because of how traffic was flowing.

Lane departure warning is useful but annoying. It's more of a tattle tale. The lane assist is a really nice feature especially if you're the type that wandered in-between the lane.

What is the most annoying? The seat belt nazi! As soon as the car moves, it's complaining about people not wearing seatbelts.

I really dislike the infotainment system. It's a huge disappointment.
    Hahahaha! I HATE new cars because of the nazi! Good way to put it

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast