Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    Derek...Is this still for Alpine iLX-W650?
    Those are all of Tarun's pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

This is an awesome thread!!! Very timely as I want to upgrade my '06 ZHP for the exact same reasons. Thank you Tkundhi! I'm leaning towards the Sony XAV-AX1000. Can anyone verify if it will fit and look like the Alpine in this thread? Also wondering if the Alpine or Sony display's are easier to read and less washed out in daylight / sun like the Eonon etc units are?
    Ron ///Man

'06 ZHP Coupe 6sp Sparkling Graphite
    '02 330ci SE46 Racer
    '03 330ci Endurance Racer

Enfig

I used the Enfig Car Stereo website https://enfigcarstereo.com
    Went all out with the Sony XAV-AX5000 Carplay. It works great.
    Came out looking just like the Alpine photos in this thread.
    It has all the crossover functions and EQ settings I need, right on the screen.

I move my Powered JL 10" sub between the BMW and my Tacoma, as needed.
    I am still working on some other mods, i.e. door speaker upgrades, later today.
    In order enjoy more bass, I found use for the car cover bag at the rear fold down seat.

My Z doesn't have the built-in ski bag in the chassis. Not sure if that was an option on these cars.
    We fabricated that with a standard MDF cheese board, amp cloth, and some spray adhesive.

Name:  ABACKSeat.JPG
Views: 974
Size:  54.5 KB

Day time

Name:  IMG_7764BLUU.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  118.7 KB

Night time
    Last edited by RamTheJam; 12-09-2019 at 06:26 PM. Reason: edit

Since I have the BestBuy "Total Tech Support" service, I was able to have the head unit installed at no charge.
    I called the Enfig guy and let him know which car model and my factory radio specs.
    He supplied me with the kit and the piece required to keep from having to cut anything on the car...especially the air box.
    Two USB connection as shown. One for the Carplay device, and the other for a library.
    I was able to get an Android device to work as well.

Name:  radio22.JPG
Views: 922
Size:  63.6 KB

I also had the doors upgraded last weekend and went with a pair of nice Hertz components, the only thing in my budget that are nice.
    They were a bit tough to install and adapt them, but made all the difference with the new radio.
    Now I have fresh tweeters in the doors and another set flush mounted at the rear deck.
    My local shop gave me $50 off, as a Black Friday sale.
    Cost $200 plus install, and ended up $325.

Name:  Hertz88.JPG
Views: 968
Size:  63.2 KB

At this point everything audio is new except the original rear round mid bass drivers.
    I failed to take pics of that project.
    I have enough factory gear for sale to open a small shop now.
    Bavsound drivers, Standard HK drivers. Business CDs and Changers.
    I'm hitting 99db, which is next to perfect for this size cabin and the mileage on my eardrums.

Name:  meter3.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  119.7 KB
    Last edited by RamTheJam; 12-09-2019 at 06:17 PM. Reason: add

Hi Ron, sorry for the delayed reply. I don't visit the forum regularly. Yes, the Sony XAV-AX1000 (also 5000, 7000) should fit without cutting up the car. You will need different adaptors. The Alpine is easy to read. No direct experience with the Sony units. If you want the Sony, use the vendor RamtheJam listed. Enfig was one of the few vendors I identified that was doing these installs without butchering the car. Here is a direct link to their Sony option. https://enfigcarstereo.com/SONY_XAV_...6_PACKAGE.html

Good luck.

I now have tools to measure individual drivers (aka speakers) due to another hobby. Sometime in the future, I'll measure the factory drivers and source some upgrades. I'm pretty confident I can surpass the Bavsound options for less money.

Quote Originally Posted by tkundhi View Post
    I now have tools to measure individual drivers (aka speakers) due to another hobby. Sometime in the future, I'll measure the factory drivers and source some upgrades. I'm pretty confident I can surpass the Bavsound options for less money.
    Nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I have a non-nav HK OEM head unit and I want to add Android Auto capability (along with Bluetooth, backup camera, etc.) in my 2006 ZHP. I have an Xtrons unit (no Android Auto) in my 2004 ZHP and it was fine for what it is. I went that route because it was substantially cheaper than all name brand options and even cheaper than the Dynavin route. But I really prefer going with a name brand and for once, it appears a name brand - e.g., Sony XAV-AX5000 - is available at a very similar price to the various Chinese units - e.g. Avin Avant-4. Christian at Enfig offers a Sony package including all necessary installation pieces for $399. I see the Avin is currently $349. I would need to add bits and pieces (microphones, cameras, etc.) to either. Both units are single din chassis (something I like) and from what I can tell they install very similarly.

Is anyone familiar enough with both units that they can tell me why I may want to do the Avant 4 instead of the Sony? Are there material feature differences, or is it really an aesthetic decision (the Avant 4 looks a bit more OEM than the Sony)?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tkundhi View Post
    Definitely interested in this! Keep us posted!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast