Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slight rumble?

Slight rumble?

Hi all,

Can’t find any other explanations on the internet, and I guess since I’m not the best versed at anything specific, I’d ask here.

Whenever I’m coming to a stop, eventually going from 1st to neutral, I feel a slight rumble in the car just about a second while coming to a stop.

The clutch has never been done, as my seller beforehand saw no previous need to.

Anything would be appreciated!
    1991 E30 Alpinweiß 325iX [SOLD]
    2005 E46 Sparkling Graphite Metallic 330Ci ZHP 6spd

injectors reactivating

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    injectors reactivating
    ?
    We don't have cylinder deactivation as a feature...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    ?
    We don't have cylinder deactivation as a feature...

Yes we do

Wait are you downshifting in first gear?

A rumble on starting in first makes more sense.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Yes we do
    No... We don't. Lol

Cylinder deactivation insuinuates the ability to drive with a certain number of cylinders not active. Our M54 engines do not have this feature. It's either all injectors firing (in their respective orders) or none at all (off throttle deceleration). Their transition from off to on is seamless, unlike some cars with actual cylinder deactivation, which you can sometimes feel depending on load or engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post

A rumble when first starting off could be a bad guibo or maybe diff bushings. Usually driveline related in this case, some sort of rubber failing.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    No... We don't. Lol

Cylinder deactivation insuinuates the ability to drive with a certain number of cylinders not active. Our M54 engines do not have this feature. It's either all injectors firing (in their respective orders) or none at all (off throttle deceleration). Their transition from off to on is seamless, unlike some cars with actual cylinder deactivation, which you can sometimes feel depending on load or engine.

A rumble when first starting off could be a bad guibo or maybe diff bushings. Usually driveline related in this case, some sort of rubber failing.

We have “off throttle decelration”. Where all the ciylinders get deactivated. Cylinder. Deactivation. Only while in gear.
    Right before coming to a stop, the injectors will start up again, and this can be felt as a *very* slight rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post

Well I’m coming to a stop, from first to neutral. Only after I come to a full stop, I feel the slight rumble for about one second. Also, at times, it seems as if I can’t shift into first, as the shifter stops in between neutral at first. A few friends recommended I do a transmission fluid change first to see if that fixed anything. The clutch has never been done and I’m at about 96k miles so I guess I’ve answered my own question hahah.
    1991 E30 Alpinweiß 325iX [SOLD]
    2005 E46 Sparkling Graphite Metallic 330Ci ZHP 6spd

So the rumble has nothing to do with the clutch if you feel it only when at a full stop.

I would look at the idle control valve (ICV) maybe, could be sticking?

I always downshift to second if I am coming to a complete stop and then go into neutral. I never downshift into first, or very rarely, if I need to get going right soon.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

We have “off throttle decelration”. Where all the ciylinders get deactivated. Cylinder. Deactivation. Only while in gear.
    Right before coming to a stop, the injectors will start up again, and this can be felt as a *very* slight rumble.
    Is this why the transition from very slight throttle to zero throttle (and sometimes vice versa) can feel like stuttering/shaking?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast