Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Digital Speedo in a KM/h Cluster?

  1. #1

    Digital Speedo in a KM/h Cluster?

    Hi all,

    I know it is possible to have a digital speedometer in the gauge cluster, but my zhp is from canada and I am in the US, and I havent gone around to swapping in the correct cluster. Is it possible to have a digital speedometer in mph on my cluster? Or do I have to get that coded elsewhere?

    Anything would be great, thanks!
    1991 E30 Alpinweiß 325iX [SOLD]
    2005 E46 Sparkling Graphite Metallic 330Ci ZHP 6spd

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano516 View Post
    Hi all,

    I know it is possible to have a digital speedometer in the gauge cluster, but my zhp is from canada and I am in the US, and I havent gone around to swapping in the correct cluster. Is it possible to have a digital speedometer in mph on my cluster? Or do I have to get that coded elsewhere?

    Anything would be great, thanks!
    The only digital speedo available on the E46 cluster is in km/h, and is something you have to enable every time you start the car.
    Your best bet is to have your smartphone on a mount with an app on that displays speed. I recommend SpeedView (available for both iOS and Android).
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA/DC
    Posts
    14,420

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Or use Waze?
    I’m afraid I’ve gotten so used to using google maps by now, it just feels weird to change now hahah.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1991 E30 Alpinweiß 325iX [SOLD]
    2005 E46 Sparkling Graphite Metallic 330Ci ZHP 6spd

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The only digital speedo available on the E46 cluster is in km/h, and is something you have to enable every time you start the car.
    Your best bet is to have your smartphone on a mount with an app on that displays speed. I recommend SpeedView (available for both iOS and Android).
    I didn’t know those apps existed! Will use!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1991 E30 Alpinweiß 325iX [SOLD]
    2005 E46 Sparkling Graphite Metallic 330Ci ZHP 6spd

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano516 View Post
    I’m afraid I’ve gotten so used to using google maps by now, it just feels weird to change now hahah.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Waze is Google Maps, just an advanced design.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano516 View Post
    I’m afraid I’ve gotten so used to using google maps by now, it just feels weird to change now hahah.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Google Maps shows speed now as well...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Google Maps shows speed now as well...
    Wait what???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1991 E30 Alpinweiß 325iX [SOLD]
    2005 E46 Sparkling Graphite Metallic 330Ci ZHP 6spd

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano516 View Post
    Wait what???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It has shown it for a while... how far behind are you in updates?????? LOL
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It has shown it for a while... how far behind are you in updates?????? LOL
    I’m only seeing an option to show speed limits, no live speedo !!
    1991 E30 Alpinweiß 325iX [SOLD]
    2005 E46 Sparkling Graphite Metallic 330Ci ZHP 6spd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BMW ZHP 330i Digital Artwork
    By Vas in forum ZHP-Related Parts & Accessories (no vehicle sales)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-16-2019, 04:46 PM
  2. [ATL GA] E46 M3 interior bits, ZHP cluster and M3 cluster
    By nextelbuddy in forum ZHP-Related Parts & Accessories (no vehicle sales)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-27-2016, 07:16 PM
  3. Tach and speedo gauge needles drop when opening door
    By Oli77 in forum General -- ZHP Related
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 10:19 AM
  4. so now it's the speedo...
    By webster in forum Mechanical | Troubleshooting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 01:28 PM
  5. The Speedo Test.....
    By Rovert in forum ZHP Gallery and Video Section
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •