Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post

3. Better integrated phone connectivity - again, I didn't think I would like it as much as I did when I had a loaner. Just get in, car automatically syncs, and my music starts playing where I left off automatically, phone calls are crisper, etc.
    I had never experienced apple carplay until we bought the Wrangler this past summer. What a marvelous thing to have. Unfortunately FCA (supposedly) couldn’t hammer out a deal with apple so i have to plug my phone in rather than wirelessly connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    I had never experienced apple carplay until we bought the Wrangler this past summer. What a marvelous thing to have. Unfortunately FCA (supposedly) couldn’t hammer out a deal with apple so i have to plug my phone in rather than wirelessly connect.

From my experience, plug in is so much better than wireless that bmw offers. Mainly because there is no lag and it works all the time.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    From my experience, plug in is so much better than wireless that bmw offers. Mainly because there is no lag and it works all the time.

Not to mention that you don't have to pay the absurd $300 per year to use it.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

People seem pretty happy with the Avin Avant 4 and wireless carplay add-on. @Overboost is the local expert on that stuff if you really want to dig into it.

Carplay is the devil
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I haven't done anything car related in a long time because... it's too damn cold.

I needed to feel productive, so I put in the euro gauge face into the touring. Now that I have E46's I can use the euro face for both of them and not have to flip between miles/km anymore, so these will be going back into the cars.

Last edited by az3579; 04-09-2021 at 08:19 PM.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks to Hieu, I was able to pick up something else I wanted to try.

On the ZHP, I painted my inner reflector bowls yellow because I like the look. I'm also lazy, and wanted something similar on the touring, so I picked up some yellow H7 bulbs from Hieu at a great price (thank you!) and put those in instead, with the thinking that the colored part of the glass will reflect off the bowl. It sure does seem to do so, so "good enough", I guess?

Before, with stock H7 bulbs:

Driver's side replaced with the yellow bulb:

Compared to the stock side:

Unfortunately when lit, there isn't much of a difference between the two. I was hoping for a much more drastic yellow, but instead it's just slightly more yellow. Yellow bulb is on the driver's side:

Both sides yellow:

At the moment, I still haven't wired in the shutters for the Bi-Xenons. I will be doing that soon now that the weather is nice out. When I do that, I'll also install a pair of ZKW lenses into the projectors. Stay tuned...
    Last edited by az3579; 04-09-2021 at 08:32 PM.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Good stuff

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Looks good! I'm a fan of the yellow.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    - 2005 Titanium Silver 330i ZHP 6spd -

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast