Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    wonderful, i miss my Orient blue wagon so much i really really wish i never sold it. such a beautiful color.

treat her right (looks like you already are lol) dont you ever let her go.... ever (in a serious scary somber tone while shaking you by the shoulders looking you in the eyes)
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Good progress Botond! Would love to see pics of water beading since you just got your touring professionally detailed

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    +1

Quick question: What FSR symptoms were you getting?
    On the E39, the fan completely stopped blowing air, regardless of the fan speed setting.
    On the E46, the fan speed would vary its speed up and down constantly for a few minutes in a very short time (higher, lower, higher, lower all within a couple of seconds). Eventually it would settle on the correct fan speed, but it took several minutes. Replacing the FSR fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    wonderful, i miss my Orient blue wagon so much i really really wish i never sold it. such a beautiful color.

treat her right (looks like you already are lol) dont you ever let her go.... ever (in a serious scary somber tone while shaking you by the shoulders looking you in the eyes)
    Yeah I'm not really sure why you would have sold that touring. It was perfect in every way, optioned exactly the way I'd want it, and with an M54B30 / 6-speed to boot. What were you thinking, man??????

I'm going to have two M54B30's soon... just saying. Any chance you'd give it the Shawn treatment for a fee (of course)?
    One day, down the road, I'd like to put my ZHP's motor into this one after it's been rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Good progress Botond! Would love to see pics of water beading since you just got your touring professionally detailed

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm probably not going to bother posting pics. The beading is very disappointing. I don't know what product was used, but it's nowhere near as good as the products I use when it comes to the way it beads water. It definitely has some kind of sealant on there, I just wish I knew what it was.

I'll probably be hitting the car up with Sonax Polymer Netshield one of these weekends to layer on top of whatever's there.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I like the color as well.
    '03 325i sedan I found on CL, and '04 ZHP coupe recently I found here.
    Your interior beats up my hell-beige on my sedan.
    I fixed that same rust spot you got.
    Unless I can find a donor car that just needs a fresh automatic and do a swap...
    I've got it up for local sale after blowing out the #2 cylinder.
    I still seems to run half way decent at 60mph..though its not a good idea.

Just caught up on your touring activities. Glad you decided not to move forward with the rust bucket. And I thought my car was bad!!!

Love the wood grain/nat brown combo, my grandpa has a 2002 330xi (jet black) with the same interior and I love it, it feels so refined.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by RamTheJam View Post
    I fixed that same rust spot you got. .
    What did that end up costing you, out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Love the wood grain/nat brown combo, my grandpa has a 2002 330xi (jet black) with the same interior and I love it, it feels so refined.
    I like this wood, but I would like to get my hands on a set of anthracite birch. The only set I found at the time for sale was on eBay and the center gearshift trim was for a car with only front window switches. It's so weird to me that a car in Europe could have Individual trim but not have rear power window switches... lol

My package from Schmiedmann finally arrived today. It took a good month for everything to arrive because one of the components I ordered, the trunk wiring harness repair kit for my ZHP, was backordered by about 2 weeks. Thankfully everything arrived today and in great condition.

So, with package in hand... on went the clears!

I have yet to purchase front and side LED bulbs, so those are going on the list. I will also be working on experimenting with a small circuit I could implement to get LED bulbs working properly for the tail lights/brake lights so they're not at full brightness when the brakes aren't on. This is an issue with the way the LCM utilizes PWM to control brightness for the 1156/7506 bulb that's used for the brake light and tail light combo instead of using a dual filament bulb. Hopefully I can crack this, because I'm dying to get LED bulbs in use for the brake lights without blinding people while just cruising around...

As part of my Daily Driver Acceptability Program, I have also installed euro aspherical mirror glass on both sides. This is a critical safety item in my book, and saves a lot of wear on the passenger side mirror motor from having to move in and down when I want to use the curb feature. Now it just has to go straight down and up, no side-to-side.

Last edited by az3579; 04-09-2021 at 07:57 PM.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I got a set of anthracite birch for my vert. I had a guy keep a lookout for me for 3 or 4 years, and one day he pinged me and said he found a set. Big bucks, but worth it to me. I can get you his name if you want.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Big bucks, but worth it to me. I can get you his name if you want.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not for "big bucks" - the set I saw on eBay was only around $250 or so last I checked on it. I'll wait for a good set that's reasonably priced. Either way I won't have money for it for a long while so it's just a pipe dream at this point. Thanks though!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Slowly but surely coming together, nice work!

Are the mirrors OEM? Do you have the part number?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast