Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Wow, I have not done my homework on this one, thanks for the thorough response. I plan on owning this for a long time so I am going to go your route with the BMW bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I also have a niiiiiiice set of M-Sport Door Sills courtesy of Charrie to put on, so I also ordered some new clips for them. These are in NICE condition, with 3 of the 4 being nearly new looking and one having some scratching. I haven't seen too many in this nice overall condition so I definitely got lucky with this set. Thanks Charlie!

Looking forward to seeing these installed I'm glad I'm able to give you these door sills Botond and you're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Also the genuine bmw throwout bearing is a good idea vs the LUK.
    So... they both do the same thing.
    Luk-supplied INA on top, Genuine BMW on bottom. They both have the same play on the top ring. When I was doing my research, some people said their genuine BMW does not have any play in the part at all. I'm wondering if this is an updated part number and it's supposed to do this now? I did notice that the Luk one has a layer of plastic fused to the metal plate whereas the genuine one only has the metal plate.

I looked up the part number on the Genuine BMW part (21 51 7 521 360) and found that the SMG and non-SMG transmissions appear use the same part.

FCP listed the OEM INA part as a SMG part and didn't list compatibility with non-SMG cars. This was an oversight on both their part and my part, because I could have just bought the OEM INA part instead of the Genuine BMW one (which is the same part number) and saved ~$60. They look exactly the same between the OE and OEM parts and share the same part number. I think I'm going to buy the OEM INA part and then compare it to the genuine one. If they're the same, I'm going to return the OE part and pocket the difference.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Also, it looks like almost everything on my shopping list is now in-hand, with the exception of the transmission crossmember and the stainless pivot pin, both of which are coming from ECS. It looks like FCP got one part wrong; they gave me whatever the heck this is, not a shift selector rod.

I took inventory of everything else and it looks like we're on track. I've got a date scheduled, 4/5, for the conversion, and should take about a couple of days with their workload. I will do all the coding on it, which saves them some effort.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Following closely, thx for updates!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

It looks like FCP got one part wrong; they gave me whatever the heck this is, not a shift selector rod.
    Upon closer inspection, it appears that it wasn't FCP's fault. It was an item they had to order and the supplier put the wrong part in a bag with the correct label on it. I didn't notice the label even said selector rod on it, so they are going to order another one and have it shipped to me. Top notch service, as always!

Going to be picking up a newish leather boot "local" to Charlie this weekend. I'll be up there helping him with his intake boots anyway, so I'll also have a relatively fresh leather shift boot for this project as well instead of my tired alcantara one.
    Last edited by az3579; 03-26-2021 at 04:04 PM.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Upon closer inspection, it appears that it wasn't FCP's fault. It was an item they had to order and the supplier put the wrong part in a bag with the correct label on it. I didn't notice the label even said selector rod on it, so they are going to order another one and have it shipped to me. Top notch service, as always!

Going to be picking up a newish leather boot "local" to Charlie this weekend. I'll be up there helping him with his intake boots anyway, so I'll also have a relatively fresh leather shift boot for this project as well instead of my tired alcantara one.
    Fixed

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Fixed

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah that's what I meant. Lol
    Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Was sitting here thinking about whether I want to bother going through the trouble of coding a used manual cluster (learning how to chip program) just to get rid of the stupid gear selector window for when the swap is done. Then I had a brainwave. I have a spare cluster and I still have the U.S. spec warning light inserts from my ZHP's cluster when I converted them to Euro spec. I disassembled the cluster and found that I can easily just swap in those inserts to perfectly cover the gear symbol indicator display, perfectly converting the cluster visually to a manual cluster once I code out the auto stuff. Easy solution!

Before:

After:

I was feeling like a real genius... up until I went online after and found that it's been done before. Sigh.
    Oh well, at least it's super easy.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast