Update on the silicone spray maintenance on the window guides:
The windows still move smoothly with no noises since I lubricated the guides almost 5 months ago. I will be doing this every 6 months going forward to be on the safe side now that I know this process works.

Updates on other stuff:
I finally finished my interior trim wrapping project by matching the steering wheel trim to the rest of the interior trim. It used to be carbon fiber, which didn't match anything else, but all is well now:

I've since picked up some parts to hopefully erase some of this car's past. At some point prior to my ownership, it was broken into as there is clear evidence of this. Pry marks on the B pillars and an aftermarket driver's front window leave clues as to what happened.

To remedy this, I picked up a genuine side window with a BMW logo on it (though it still doesn't match the brand with the rest of the car, but whatever...) and a used seal to match since mine has holes in it. This one isn't great either but at least it doesn't have holes. The dealer can take their $350 window guides and shove it. I also picked up B pillar trim.

I had some thoughts about switching to a dry air filter as I'm getting tired of oiling the GruppeM's K&N filter as well as dealing with a shortened MAF lifespan. So, while I had the GruppeM out for maintenance (cleaning and oiling), I purchased an aFe Pro Dry S air filter for the stock airbox, hoping it would at least provide some more noise than the stock one. Unfortunately I am disappointed with the sound (might make a video soon). It doesn't have near the level of growl that a cone filter has. But, at least I have something to use while the GruppeM is being cleaned. The GruppeM will likely go back in the ZHP and stay there once I get the motor swapped, and will probably switch to a cone dry filter for the touring in the future.

The old filter was diiiiiirty...

New aFe installed:

I also had to replace the MAF. I know there are people who are hesitant to buy the OEM product (Siemens/VDO) versus the Genuine BMW one, but they're looking exactly the same from where I'm sitting, and functions perfectly. Save yourself the $100+!
This is the one I purchased: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...or-13627566983

Old vs. new, old on top:

Old:

New:

While perusing euro options for a friend, I came across something I didn't know existed.
Apparently euro spec tourings have clear third brake lights instead of red ones. Since I already have clear lights all around, it makes perfect sense to swap it out to match. So, I ordered one from Estonia, furthering my quest to make this car more euro spec.