Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Slowly but surely coming together, nice work!

Are the mirrors OEM? Do you have the part number?
    Definitely not OE; that stuff is way too expensive (over $110 per side).
    This is a brand called 'John's Autoteile'. I purchased these off Schmiedmann's website and have them on the E39 as well. They cost about $15 per side and I threw them into the order alongside the euro clears to make shipping worthwhile.

I was hoping the clears would be some OEM brand (they don't advertise the brand) and was massively disappointed to find they're Depos. I could've gotten those here if I wanted crap, but... whatever. They'll do for now. Their products are hit or miss, but so far all of my personal experiences with Depo have been negative.

The BMW P/N for the mirror glass is 51168250438, which is the same part number on the box of the John's packaging. The fit perfectly. We'll see if they last any considerable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I’m sure, lots more in store...
    Don't hold your breath; it's gonna be along time for there are any other big purchases for this car.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Not for "big bucks" - the set I saw on eBay was only around $250 or so last I checked on it. I'll wait for a good set that's reasonably priced. Either way I won't have money for it for a long while so it's just a pipe dream at this point. Thanks though!
    Wow, that's cheap!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Loaner... I specifically asked for something that wasn't an SUV (hoping to get the new 3er) but got stuck in an X2 anyway...

But it sure is swanky up in this beech.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Not bad, but M2 > X2

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Lol at the 14.6 mpg!

"just trying it out"

Turbo lag irritating coming out of a turn?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Lol at the 14.6 mpg!

"just trying it out"

Turbo lag irritating coming out of a turn?
    It must have been driven exclusively in the city before I got it. I was easily getting 28mpg average with half city, half highway driving (and 50% city driving is a LOT of city). Highway only I was getting 35-36mpg, which is significantly more than what it's rated for. It's rated for 24 city, 32 highway, 27 combined.

I didn't bother putting my foot down because I didn't want to get used to having all that extra power and an awesome transmission, so I just kept it civil.
    I did get to drive one on an auto-x course when the X2 first came out and am jealous it handles way flatter than my ZHP does.

With all that said - I would still rather have my ZHP, albeit with more power and much less of an apetite for oil.
    My touring is also easier to drive smoothly. The brakes were way too grabby on the X2 at lower speeds and my lower back hurt constantly in those seats. Visibility is garbage with those HUGE C pillars, and the passenger mirror was already busted upon me taking delivery. Apparently some lady backed into the side of her garage with it, and it only had 630 miles on the clock when I received it.

The #1 reason I'd want a newer car, though - comfort access. I want this so badly... ugh.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

The three modern things I wish we could have in our cars:
    1. Comfort Access - I didn't think I would like it, but it always creeps into my mind after I had a modern loaner.
    2. HUD - This is a no brainer for me and should be standard in any car for safety purposes.
    3. Better integrated phone connectivity - again, I didn't think I would like it as much as I did when I had a loaner. Just get in, car automatically syncs, and my music starts playing where I left off automatically, phone calls are crisper, etc.

Agree (but not so much on comfort access).

I love the CA feature. I usually put the key on my belt loop and forget about it for the rest of the day. It would be nice if BMW uses CA sensors on the 4 doors (I know MB does). My F30 has the sensors only on the front doors.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

At least I got a new airbag out of the deal... As well as the desire to re-wrap the steering wheel to match.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by az3579; 04-09-2021 at 08:13 PM.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast