Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Hmm, I wonder what this could be.

Attachment 37930

Well, this was a bust.
    I thought I was ordering a set of anthracite birch wood trim for a sedan based on an incorrect listing, but what I got instead was a set of black painted flimsy plastic trim with a radio trim that's broken in half. Completely useless, and the condition wasn't worth the $150 anyway. I sent a message to the seller asking to return as the description clearly said wood (and pics showed a dark grain to it), but haven't heard back yet. I think that given how hard it is to find an anthracite birch set with the correct center trim (with the correct window switch cutouts), I may just skip that thought and wrap my trim with a film that I've only seen in one place before, so not your usual carbon look wrap. I'll circle back on this once I've ordered the film.

For today, I worked on getting the bits and bobs replaced on the replacement motor, which itself has a bit of a backstory.

I wasn't at all looking to do an engine swap when I dropped the car off at the shop last Monday. When I got there, he just mentioned to me that "I know a guy selling a ZHP motor for $600". That is cheap as hell, and it is complete. By complete, I mean everything from the accessories (AC compressor, power steering pump, alternator) to the intake/exhaust manifolds (with cats), harness, MS 45.1 DME, EWS, and key. It came from a totaled, running ZHP that just so happens to have been built earlier in the month that my ZHP was built in (11/2004, 2005MY). The deal sounded really good, and he said that the labor would be significantly reduced considering the drivetrain would be mostly out anyway, so the labor cost would be reduced as well.

Well, I dug deep and went for it. Today we worked on replacing what we can and what made sense while the motor was out, such as most of the pullies, water pump, thermostat, oil pan gasket, and exhaust manifold gaskets and studs (replaced with updated e-torx style studs). We also tack-welded the oil pump nut for good measure. Tomorrow (well, later today I guess), I will be replacing the power steering reservoir and hoses. When the new motor goes in, I'll also have an electric fan installed to replace the fan-clutch style, along with the manual-specific expansion tank mount without the extra holes for the automatic transmission cooler. The motor and transmission will get bolted up together and raised up, marrying the drivetrain to the chassis the same way the factory does it. We should have the old motor out on this day as well.

I am definitely getting more excited...

Getting ready...

Just hangin' out.

P.S. - I went through all the pictures earlier in this thread and replaced the broken images with the Flickr counterparts, so all images should now show properly.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

This sounds really good: touring + ZHP engine + 6MT.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Botond should slowly convert his touring into a ZHP touring....

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Botond should slowly convert his touring into a ZHP touring....
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    It looks like this is slowly becoming the plan! Not sure how far I'll go - not too keen on swapping the rear suspension bits to convert to 330i rear brakes because it's simply not worth it, but I'll definitely do the fronts. There's already a plan in place for bumpers and maybe side skirts, and I have a 3.07 ZHP diff sitting in my buddy's shop that I'll probably rebuild as an LSD and put in the touring. The ZHP sedan already has a 3.46 LSD so that one is set, unless I decide to rebuild that one as a 3.23.

It's actually funny because the guy doing the swap is actually getting excited about how fun this touring will be, and he's done all kinds of crazy cool big power builds with cars much more fun than this, so that tickled me a bit. I think he has a soft spot for the touring.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

This is awesome. It's really not a big deal to do the 330 rear brakes btw. @Overboost proved it to be as simple as we thought: weld the larger 330 parking brake shoe onto the smaller 325 shoe and call it a day. Functional parking brake and bigger rotors without having to mess with any other components.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...971#post593971

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    This is awesome. It's really not a big deal to do the 330 rear brakes btw. @Overboost proved it to be as simple as we thought: weld the larger 330 parking brake shoe onto the smaller 325 shoe and call it a day. Functional parking brake and bigger rotors without having to mess with any other components.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...971#post593971
    Hmm. Will keep this in mind. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Def excited for you BP!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Engine's out

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Sweet!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast