Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Current state of the interior. I think it looks great but was thinking something to break up all the black might look nice.

The photo is from a road trip with the dog.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Yup it does look good.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Had the new tires installed this morning. The service manager called me about ten minutes after I left to let me know they were having trouble with a lug. I had them proceed knowing it likely meant someone has cross threaded the lug and I'd need a new hub.

Turns out I was right so I had to purchase a new hub that I'll have installed after the new year. Not a fun way to start the weekend but the tires felt amazing.

New tires sound good. Which ones did you get ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    New tires sound good. Which ones did you get ?
    I had PZeros which were completely worn out and run flat tires. I purchased a set of Michelin Pilot 4S. I only drove a few miles and they were already more comfortable and made the car feel like I had new suspension.

I'll have to test them out and see if they provide more traction than the PZeros. My car is slow from a dig because it just spins the tires unless I roll on the throttle.

The car is finally at the shop for wheel hub replacement, oil change (5w-40), DCT oil/filter change, differential oil change, and potentially anything else that needs preventative maintenance (maybe rotors & flush). Plugs and coils were done when I first got the car.

I am still waiting on my spacers to ship to help with wheel fitment.

KW HAS has been weighing on my mind to add a little drop (I would rather do a full KW V3 but no real reason right now)

Downpipes are out of the question right now. I don't like the smell and I don't want to spend $2k+ for catted just for sound.

Also... Got to check out this car today. Ridiculous vehicle

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.top...89919.amp.html

Cool!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Maintenance

Finally decided to tackle the intake filters. Heard it was a PITA but did some research before attempting. Was super simple by just disconnecting the MAF and pulling the whole box out. Once the box is removed you can reach all 7 T25 screws holding the filter housing together. Filters were due and happy to do it myself.

I miss having a garage where I can work on the car. Plus it helps keep maintenance costs down if you enjoy the work. Changing fluids is usually pretty boring and a pain to get rid of but the other stuff is fun.

Garage/Storage

I also rearranged the storage closet with the wife yesterday. She is a much better Tetris player than I am. When we first moved into this building we just dumped everything in storage because we were focused on the house. Now we had time to strategically think about the storage unit to make things accessible and allow space to grab highly utilized items.

Coding

I purchased BimmerCode the other day so played with some settings.
    - coded seatbelt notification OFF
    - coded auto mirror fold when locking car ON
    - coded fake exhaust noise OFF
    - coded TPMS pressure and temp ON
    - coded BMW chime upon start OFF

Last edited by Pip; 01-19-2021 at 10:45 AM. Reason: added photo

I forgot to mention one thing. Ever since I received the car I've never really been in love with the M5 suspension. I came from an e46 M3 on ST coilovers which were firm and then went to the softest suspension ever on the W211 E320 Mercedes.

F10 M5 enters my life and I enjoy that it has the ability to change between comfort and sport. However, I wouldn't call comfort comfortable. It was certainly better than the F80 M3 I test drove but firm is a good word to describe it. I would also say it is terrible over large bumps and feels like the rebound is off or overly harsh. I dislike driving in LA for a lot of reasons but the M5 wasn't cutting it compared to my old cars and or the wife's SUV.

I start test driving PCars for a friend's purchase and really enjoy the suspension and how they manage to make the handling tight but also compliant. Different than the BMWs I've been in and somehow make the SUV feel like a car.

So...while at the mechanic the other day (if in SD I would recommend this place for service if you don't want to do something yourself - BimmerSpeed) they noticed something about my suspension.

The original shipment blocks that are supposed to be removed when the car gets state side have never been removed. I was without 1.5" of travel in the rear of the car. I only had time to test drive the car on a couple roads that typically give me trouble but it is leaps and bounds better than before. Sport Plus mode is comfortable and more compliant than my old M3 which is surprising for how heavy a car this thing is. Comfort is now a bit floaty but great for a long drive on the freeway with the wife. I'll keep testing it out and see how it responds.

Last edited by Pip; 01-19-2021 at 10:46 AM. Reason: added photo

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast