Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re-glue interior trim pieces

My interior trim pieces are coming apart, and gluing them back on should be pretty trivial.

That being said, I want to do it right. Do I have to take them off, sand them, then put them back together? Is there a proper way of doing this?

Name:  IMG_4906.jpg
Views: 1346
Size:  752.7 KB

Just did this, go to Home Depot and buy E6000 & some non abrasive clamps (to prevent scratching the trim)

Use a heat gun or something to separate the aluminum trim from the plastic base and be CAREFUL, it bends exaggeratively easily and you can infact see it when reattached

But yeah, remove the trim from the base and apply a generous amount to both ends of the trim plastic base & carefully readhere it to one another and use the clamps to hold it in place.

Let it cure for 24-36 hours and I promise you you’ll be happier than a little kid at Disney land lmao

Any questions, PM me brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Just did this, go to Home Depot and buy E6000 & some non abrasive clamps (to prevent scratching the trim)

Use a heat gun or something to separate the aluminum trim from the plastic base and be CAREFUL, it bends exaggeratively easily and you can infact see it when reattached

But yeah, remove the trim from the base and apply a generous amount to both ends of the trim plastic base & carefully readhere it to one another and use the clamps to hold it in place.

Let it cure for 24-36 hours and I promise you you’ll be happier than a little kid at Disney land lmao

Any questions, PM me brother

Yo; I’m gonna ask here to help any future intrepid googlers.
    How much E6000 you think I need? home depot only carries the 2 oz. one.

I’ve got some 3M Plastic and Emblem Adhesive 08061.

Is E6000 better?

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    Yo; I’m gonna ask here to help any future intrepid googlers.
    How much E6000 you think I need? home depot only carries the 2 oz. one.

I’ve got some 3M Plastic and Emblem Adhesive 08061.

Is E6000 better?
    Honestly 2 OZ sounds like a little bit but you should be able to do the whole car with 1/4 of that bottle

I’m sure they both perform very well, I let my trim cure for several days and reapplied it and I have no tints so it gets brutal inside and it hasn’t peeled or come undone as of yet & if it doesn’t I’ll just do it again lol... cubed trim is crazy expensive

Honestly 2 OZ sounds like a little bit but you should be able to do the whole car with 1/4 of that bottle

I’m sure they both perform very well, I let my trim cure for several days and reapplied it and I have no tints so it gets brutal inside and it hasn’t peeled or come undone as of yet & if it doesn’t I’ll just do it again lol... cubed trim is crazy expensive

half an oz of e6000 should do the whole car, or should I use my 3m adhesive?

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    half an oz of e6000 should do the whole car, or should I use my 3m adhesive?
    E6000 is only like 5$ I think, totally worth the gamble if you ask me. It worked well on my trim, I’m currently looking for Silver cubes trim anyway lol so who ever gets my black cubed with have the luxury of knowing it won’t happen any time soon

E6000 is only like 5$ I think, totally worth the gamble if you ask me. It worked well on my trim, I’m currently looking for Silver cubes trim anyway lol so who ever gets my black cubed with have the luxury of knowing it won’t happen any time soon

I’m looking at the old adhesive used by BMW, and it seems to be hardening. Is e6000 similar?

I had previously used the 3m 08061 and I don’t like it. It’s super hard and inflexible, and not for this purpose.

E6000 stay pliable 4 lyfe

I got E6000; will work on it.

I need to find a solvent for the 3m 08061; Thank you so much; E6000 is the perfect adhesive, and I’d be ripping my hair out if I had to find it myself!
    Last edited by Fried_Chicken; 09-22-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Autozone.com
    I got it, and it's like brand new again. Perfect, now it can go another 160k miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast