Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Great Drives - Washington D.C. Area

I am trying to start this thread as a source for great drives and destinations around the Washington, D.C. area. There are fairly generic website sources for this but the lists I've found usually have the typical tourist attractions like the Washington Monument and Monticello near Charlottesville (which happens to be a very nice drive). But I'm interested in finding the hidden gems. For example, no matter what direction you are coming from, the Rocky Point Creamery in Tuscarora Maryland is at the end of some winding scenic roads through farmland -- and they offer great ice cream once you are there. A family favorite. Going to be great this fall when the leaves turn.

If anyone has any favorite destinations in this otherwise very congested part of the world, I'd love to hear about them.

Best,
    Dave M.
    2005 Imola Red; Black Leather

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInMD View Post
    I am trying to start this thread as a source for great drives and destinations around the Washington, D.C. area. There are fairly generic website sources for this but the lists I've found usually have the typical tourist attractions like the Washington Monument and Monticello near Charlottesville (which happens to be a very nice drive). But I'm interested in finding the hidden gems. For example, no matter what direction you are coming from, the Rocky Point Creamery in Tuscarora Maryland is at the end of some winding scenic roads through farmland -- and they offer great ice cream once you are there. A family favorite. Going to be great this fall when the leaves turn.

If anyone has any favorite destinations in this otherwise very congested part of the world, I'd love to hear about them.

Best,
    Dave M.
    Plenty of good driving roads and attractions further south in my neck of the woods ( 45 min west of C-ville )

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

A little ways away but up in Frederick, MD are some very nice rural drives. I loved driving around there.

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    A little ways away but up in Frederick, MD are some very nice rural drives. I loved driving around there.
    Indeed. I once had to get off of 70 West from Frederick because of an accident and got on Alt Route 40. Nice towns to drive through. And Shepherdstown West Virginia (via Frederick) is a great little college town for some craft beer stops and restaurants.

DM

There are links for old tour routes, etc., that the National Capital Chapter BMW CCA took - check it out:
    https://forum.nccbmwcca.org/forumdisplay.php?13-Tours

The chapter is planning another pie run/tour on Nov 17th: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...l-tours-291717
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    There are links for old tour routes, etc., that the National Capital Chapter BMW CCA took - check it out:
    https://forum.nccbmwcca.org/forumdisplay.php?13-Tours

The chapter is planning another pie run/tour on Nov 17th: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...l-tours-291717
    These are great. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

On a weekend morning. Take the Clara Barton Parkway to Canal Road; through Georgetown for Brunch at District Commons restaurant at 2200 Pennsylvania Ave. As of October 2019, do not take the GW parkway - that road is in such disrepair your headliner will shake off.

Then easy walk to the Lincoln Memorial, White House or Kennedy Center. Or check out the original CIA headquarters nearby.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

DANGEROUSLY DELICIOUS PIES

https://www.dangerouspiesbalt.com/

From all points around Baltimore, drive to Dangerously Delicious Pies in the Canton neighborhood of Baltimore. If you take the ramp just north of the Baltimore tunnel, you will drive in the shadows of the big vehicle transport ships in the port. But the road is pretty crappy for any car that is lowered.

If you come from south of the tunnel off I-95 you will wind around Camden Yards and the Inner Harbor.

Order a variety of slices. Walk that box of pie across the street to the park at O'Donnell Square and find an empty park bench. Eat until you are ashamed of yourself.

On a Saturday morning there was plenty of free street parking.

Name:  DDPies.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  597.9 KB
    Name:  13770522_1061043193932728_7108111299463416406_n.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  73.8 KB

Great idea!

I tried looking, but there has to be a resource for good drives by region. If not, we should start a thread.

Good idea. That place sounds good too.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast