Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Sorry about your TD-Lie. I’m now driving a 2015 Golf TDI with 123k on the clock. I do miss the zhp.
    How reliable has it been. May replace mine with a 2015 Golf Wagon in a few months. Wasn’t sure about emissions issues from an engine code perspective. Not really worried about the emissions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Dinan 6 Speed
    1995 MR2 Turbo
    1993 MR2 NA (Sold... first car)
    2003 Jetta Wagon TDi 6 Speed (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Xceler8 View Post
    How reliable has it been. May replace mine with a 2015 Golf Wagon in a few months. Wasn’t sure about emissions issues from an engine code perspective. Not really worried about the emissions

So far so good. Timing belt needs to be done at @120k and requires some special tools. I found a local Indy to do mine. I have DSG and the fluid is every 40k. Oil is 10k.
    Not a bad little car (but not that fun to drive ). Mine is under the recall extended warranty so I’ve not done a tube or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    So far so good. Timing belt needs to be done at @120k and requires some special tools. I found a local Indy to do mine. I have DSG and the fluid is every 40k. Oil is 10k.
    Not a bad little car (but not that fun to drive ). Mine is under the recall extended warranty so I’ve not done a tube or anything.
    I'm on same boat as you, I'm driving a 2015 Golf TDI as well. I've been itching to get the KermaTDI tune to make the car more interesting but I don't want to void the warranty.

Blackstone Labs recommended me to change the oil every 15,000 miles based on the test results. I commute about 100 miles per day on the highway.
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

Quote Originally Posted by FungShui View Post
    I'm on same boat as you, I'm driving a 2015 Golf TDI as well. I've been itching to get the KermaTDI tune to make the car more interesting but I don't want to void the warranty.

Blackstone Labs recommended me to change the oil every 15,000 miles based on the test results. I commute about 100 miles per day on the highway.
    I just got my first blackstone report back today. They recommend I go 12k on the next oil.

Name:  Blackstone report 123356.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  106.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by FungShui View Post

My 2003 had a Kerma tune, their full three inch turbo back, and a gli 6 speed in it... the car wave so much fun for what it was, and made all the right noises

2005 Dinan 6 Speed
    1995 MR2 Turbo

So did the disa and ignition system work and car ran great for a few days... but its back to being a dog; not sure but I suspect a fuel system issue.

Anyone know about the reliability of the fuel pumps in this car... tempted to just add fuel system rework to the list of mechanical parts that need to be changed.
    2005 Dinan 6 Speed
    1995 MR2 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Xceler8 View Post
    So did the disa and ignition system work and car ran great for a few days... but its back to being a dog; not sure but I suspect a fuel system issue.

Anyone know about the reliability of the fuel pumps in this car... tempted to just add fuel system rework to the list of mechanical parts that need to be changed.
    Disconect the maf sensor and see if the car runs any better.

Also the fuel filter is a preventative maintenance item.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Just to add to what Vas said, going beyond 150k miles on a fuel pump isn’t advisable...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Just to add to what Vas said, going beyond 150k miles on a fuel pump isn’t advisable...

He said fuel filter, so which one are we talking about. I only have about 20k on the filter.

2005 Dinan 6 Speed
    1995 MR2 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Disconect the maf sensor and see if the car runs any better.

Also the fuel filter is a preventative maintenance item.
    Also went ahead and disconnected the MAF, car ran smoother and seemed to have a bit more torque downlow. Not sure what that means in this case

2005 Dinan 6 Speed
    1995 MR2 Turbo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast