Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Low Oil Indication

Made a store run after ZHP sitting for a few weeks. I had a Low Oil Indication when I shut down the engine. Since I did not have a quart of oil with me handy, I waited until I got home. But when I got home to shut down, there was no Low Oil Indication. But I let it settle down and checked the oil level the old fashion way. But dip stick indicates I have full oil capacity.

So I probably got a false indication (April Fools). Any of you guys have any experience on this?

Thanks.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

That happens to me all the time. Chances are it'll read low again over the next few days.

Mine will tell me it's full when I check the dipstick but I'm reality I'm not even close. I just wait for the "ah HA" reading (showing low) before I put oil in, which usually happens later in the day or the next day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I mistakenly replaced my oil level sensor for the same reason. It was almost randomly showing low oil after shutoff, then started doing it all the time despite the dipstick reading perfect. Turns out it was just a little low on oil. This dipstick is am idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I mistakenly replaced my oil level sensor for the same reason. It was almost randomly showing low oil after shutoff, then started doing it all the time despite the dipstick reading perfect. Turns out it was just a little low on oil. This dipstick is am idiot.
    +1

I replaced my oil level sensor for no reason, apparently. I think the dip stick "full" mark is actually a tad under full to prevent idiots like me from overfilling. In my experience, the low-oil light can also be tripped with persistent downhill driving. I used to live on a large hill and to get anywhere I would have to drive downhill for around five minutes, and that would trip it half the time despite my oil level being full. Whatever the case, if your dip stick reads full and the low oil light comes on every so often, I wouldn't worry about it, and replacement isn't really a fix.

the oil level indicatior starts lighting up after you shut off the engine when you are half a quart low. Im sure its not exact but its been pretty accurate in my car if I check the oil level as soon as I see the light after I shut off the engine.

When it lights up when the engine is running you are a full quart low.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on the dip stick for any deviation.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle