Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Effing yeti over here gd

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    #Yeti4lyfe

60 is a fairly warm day in the summer. Now seeing that I'm wearing a coat, I see no need to go past 60 and make it a furnace.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    There is no need to set it to 91. Set it to a temperature you would feel comfortable with (ex: 70) and it'll automatically blow whatever temperature air and at whatever fan speed it needs to in order to reach that temperature and keep it there.

Adjust whether you want it to blow hot or cold air with the slider instead. It's far easier than constantly adjusting the temperature.
    Hahah I typically just like maxxing it at 91 and then cycling back between that having the windows down. I know it's not exactly fuel efficient but I'll do anything to keep myself awake during rush hour traffic.
    1991 E30 Alpinweiß 325iX [SOLD]
    2005 E46 Sparkling Graphite Metallic 330Ci ZHP 6spd

Owner's manual / BMW suggests setting at 72°.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    #Yeti4lyfe

60 is a fairly warm day in the summer. Now seeing that I'm wearing a coat, I see no need to go past 60 and make it a furnace.
    Me too. I only ever use 59 - 63. I don't really care for the digital thermostat. I don't much care for the automatic heater/AC. Don't like the up/down push buttons of the fan speed either. Would rather have manual analog dials. I guess I'm a control freak that way

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    Me too. I only ever use 59 - 63. I don't really care for the digital thermostat. I don't much care for the automatic heater/AC. Don't like the up/down push buttons of the fan speed either. Would rather have manual analog dials. I guess I'm a control freak that way
    I don't care much for the automatic function either. I feel like it doesn't really get rid of the tinkering as much as it should.

I've been trying to use the central vent adjustment, but that kind of defeats the purpose of an automatic system for me. In the winter before the car heats up enough, I want the vent adjustment at the hottest setting and the fan on low. After the engine heats up, I hit the auto button if I want more heat. Either way at some point I'll have to mess with the vent adjustment.

For manual controls, my general procedure is to wait for the car to warm up slightly. Put the heat adjustment on the hottest and start with the fan on the lowest. Go up with the fan speed when the engine warms up a bit if needed. When it gets too hot, start reducing the fan speed, and the thermostat after that.

If anything the manual approach seems simpler to me, and the auto hvac is a bit useless in my case.

??? The auto HVAC literally does your entire manual warm up procedure...but... automatically...

I absolutely love it in the e46. I leave it set on 68 and it'll start blowing warm air once the engine gets warm enough to share. The only time it needs your input is when the defrost is required - then it dumps all available resources to the windshield to get you going. I have zero complaints about this system.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    ??? The auto HVAC literally does your entire manual warm up procedure...but... automatically...

I absolutely love it in the e46. I leave it set on 68 and it'll start blowing warm air once the engine gets warm enough to share. The only time it needs your input is when the defrost is required - then it dumps all available resources to the windshield to get you going. I have zero complaints about this system.
    The problem is the system can't read my mind. I feel the fan speed ramps up too quickly when it's warming up, which leads to tinkering. In the winter, I would say manual/auto is about the same amount of convenience for me.

The AC control has more of an advantage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12