Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Help with new wheel size and square set-up

I've been searching around and can't find anything that's definitive (also a lot of what I'm looking for has been lost or taken down). 2 of my wheels are bent (thanks niece for returning my car in good condition and running the right kind of gas in it) and the tires I got are pretty cheap so I'm looking at putting new wheels and tires and doing a square set-up.

I think I'm going to go with Apex EC-7's, but I'm not sure the size. I'm lowered a tiny bit on the KONI 1125 STR.T Suspension Kit (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-koni-par.../11251011~kon/). I'd like lightweight wheels, too.

I'm thinking 17x9 ET42's. Will these fit? What size tire should I run? Are 18's better? Is ET30 offset better? I don't want to modify my fenders or anything. Maybe spacers. I don't want to do any major modifications, although it would be cool to get them flush, if that's worth it and it can be done easily. If not, forget it.

Thanks for the help and sorry for asking a questions that's been asked 100 times before. I got so confused will the million threads out there I thought I'd just ask.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Et42 will fit without modification. Et30 could get you into some rubbing situations without fender work.

For tires, I'd run 255 square, but I like to party.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I'll run some 255's... because i'm not a nerd... lol I remember your post from July about that. I laughed.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

I mean it really comes down to what you want from them. Is this going to be a year-round setup with all seasons? A seasonal set with summer tires? Street only or autox/track? Comfort, efficiency, or performance?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Im running a square setup using style 135 rears (8.5" wide) and Butler tire just put a fresh set of PS4s on them. I was running 255/35 but Geordie suggested I to a little taller/narrower so I am now running 235/40. They fit great, look great, and compared to the the Conti's spin super smooth and quiet!

-r

just a summer-only DD that's fun to drive and may see some track time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oltorf View Post
    just a summer-only DD that's fun to drive and may see some track time.
    Ah man looks like they don't make the PS4S in a 255/40r17. Such a great tire for DD and light track. 235/45r17 would still be a great size and work well with a 9in wheel, but ya know...it ain't got that M E A T

Quote Originally Posted by oclvframe View Post
    Im running a square setup using style 135 rears (8.5" wide) and Butler tire just put a fresh set of PS4s on them. I was running 255/35 but Geordie suggested I to a little taller/narrower so I am now running 235/40. They fit great, look great, and compared to the the Conti's spin super smooth and quiet!

-r
    Question, I know it’s quite a bit past, but, how do you feel between the two? I feel like I want a lower profile tire but am also concerned about rub at full turn. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTIC View Post
    Question, I know it’s quite a bit past, but, how do you feel between the two? I feel like I want a lower profile tire but am also concerned about rub at full turn. Cheers
    Member oclvframe hasn't posted here since the response you quoted.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats