Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

back from the dead...

hey folks!

well, frig. life is amazing. even the bad times.... because you gain experience, knowledge.... wisdom!

over the last year i nearly got divorced, started going to therapy, increased my push for better relationships with my kids, figured out how to do a good job at work without killing myself in the process, sold my house, turned 40, figured out how to cleanse myself of things in my life that were actually hurting me (an ongoing process), started going to the gym last month, and sold all of my BMWs.

wait. W T F ?

OK, that last item was a bit dramatic. it really has nothing to do with BMWs. but it does have something to do with older cars that require the most precious of all known universal resources: TIME. i tried getting something newer (the 335i) but even that was a time suck and ultimately, not the rig i wanted to maintain long-term. plus it ended up hurting my back. game over.

so, what the heck are you driving now? a prius?

well, LOL, it has "prius tires." haha. i bought a 2018 BRZ RS ('Performance Package' for my US of A brethren). somehow got a new, never-been-plated 2018 model with only 200 KM (120 miles) on it. new car warranty. new car smell. brembos. "sachs performance dampers." factory LSD. awesome seats. great driving position (probably one of the biggest wins here). amazing headlight output. umm, great on gas? hell yes - 32mpg. apple carplay. 2790lbs. it's not fast. but it is one hell of a fun car to drive, and i am enjoying simple-car-ownership.

oh ya, it's blue. REALLY blue.

and we've still got the 2015 Golf 1.8T that we got back in april for my wife. great car. needs apple carplay.

in other aspects of my life... my marriage is better than it's ever been - we've still got a long way to go, but it's good. WIN. i'm more involved with my kids' lives than ever. WIN. i'm getting fitter and stronger and feeling better. WIN. we move into a townhouse rental in kitchener, ontario in the new year. WIN (180º lifestyle change). the move will allow me some freedom to look for a new job. WIN.

i feel now like i was dead before this whole Year Of Catharsis (that's the name of my new metal band, LOL). i have learned to be patient and to look for the good in everything. it's there! you just might have to squint harder, but it's there.

so, right now... we're moving out of our house that we've lived in for the last 9 years, on december 15th. it's a time of purging and reflecting.

and finding out how many frigging E46 parts i still have.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Well, congrats on ALL the positive vibes flowing. Sounds like you righted the ship
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Never stop...

Good work!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

I see another BMW in your future ... J/K, man ! Good to hear your things are going well.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    my marriage is better than it's ever been - we've still got a long way to go, but it's good. WIN. i'm more involved with my kids' lives than ever. WIN. i'm getting fitter and stronger and feeling better. WIN. we move into a townhouse rental in kitchener, ontario in the new year. WIN (180º lifestyle change). the move will allow me some freedom to look for a new job. WIN.

i feel now like i was dead before this whole Year Of Catharsis (that's the name of my new metal band, LOL). i have learned to be patient and to look for the good in everything. it's there! you just might have to squint harder, but it's there.

Peter, welcome back! First and most importantly, congratulations on your ever improving relationship with your wife and kids. Although I'm not married, I'm all too familiar with how family and friends are one of the most important things in our short lives on this rock. Also, big thumbs up for going to the gym and taking care of your personal health. Medical school has only reinforced for me that you can be dealt a bad hand in the genetics department, but treating your body well can pay massive dividends down the line. Keep on trucking, and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

thanks bros!

fredo - yeah, maybe! it would be an M2, if anything. the BRZ is plenty fun for now. next will hopefully be a 911, but if we move to vancouver, we'll likely go down to one car - and that would ultimately be a Golf R.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Also, big thumbs up for going to the gym and taking care of your personal health. Medical school has only reinforced for me that you can be dealt a bad hand in the genetics department, but treating your body well can pay massive dividends down the line.
    absolutely. there is a guy at my gym who is 76 that is doing as much weight as i am - if not more. inspirational.

i deadlifted 295lbs last week, which was week #3 (i'm going 3 days a week). my back is actually feeling pretty great! not to mention i have more energy and am less grumpy. all wins...
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Welcome Back!

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

A lot going on, here's to progress and moving forward, not always eaay to put the work in to make things better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    fredo - yeah, maybe! it would be an M2, if anything. the BRZ is plenty fun for now. next will hopefully be a 911, but if we move to vancouver, we'll likely go down to one car - and that would ultimately be a Golf R.
    You mean Veloster N?

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    You mean Veloster N?
    He meant Civic Type-R

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast