Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

2005 Vert Battery Holder

Seems like I've chased this before but kinda let it slide, but I'm still missing the correct battery hold down for my convertible battery. I've got the shocks on both sides, but there's no hold down across the top of the battery. Can anyone steer me to this part number? I'm not seeing it in the Realoem diagrams.

My car's in storage at the moment, so it's a spring fix, but here's a picture of the battery with no hold down, and a picture of a hold down I bought that seems incorrect since I can't seem to find a way to attach it - unless more parts are needed

Any help would be appreciated, maybe even a picture of a convertible's correct battery attachment

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Pete

Interesting - I have no convertible experience so was unaware of the "vibration absorber." Looks like you need #2 - supporting rail, to screw into the battery box base to hold the battery in place. Supporting rail - 51 71 7 056 337
    https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=61_1424
    Name:  ersatzteile75763.png
Views: 630
Size:  39.3 KB
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

thanks John for the leg work. But when I look it up using my VIN for the Vert, I get the diagram you posted, but also this one with greyed out parts and I think that's where I'm confused because I think I either need items 1 & 2, or 15 & 16. That's why if anyone could share a picture it would help answer it
    Pete

Just watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2_d2fDA1qU from "World Mechanics" - they show replacing the vert battery - and it's even a ZHP......

BTW - great channel for E46 DIY...

So John, are you thinking that item 2 in your image is what they're showing located on the negative side of the battery (circled in RED) ? Because in your image, based on where it's showing in the diagram, I was assuming it would be located on the fender side of the battery.....

But I guess it's the same part either way... I just ordered it on eBay!
    Pete

That's similar to what's on my E39 - a cleat that screws in to hold down the short edge of the battery. This allows use of a larger battery (H8 vs. H7) without that little plastic block for the E46 (#10 in your diagram) that has the tab that breaks off. Of course the E46 & E39 parts have a different number.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

well I guess that explains why the Bosch H7/L4/94R battery I bought in 2017 needs that clamp
    Pete

Still need a pic?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Still need a pic?

if you happen to have one, just be more confident. Who knows the history of the car or battery in the video...... Thanks!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    if you happen to have one, just be more confident. Who knows the history of the car or battery in the video...... Thanks!
    Need a btr pic? Just ran out and took this[/IMG]

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

thanks for doing that....but where's the long long mounting screw and clamp that shows on the right hand side (neg) of the battery like the one I circled in my picture? Not clear from your picture what's holding down your battery.... I ordered this off eBay because that's what I thought I was missing
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast