Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New member in NC (04 6spd Mystic Blue)

Hi everyone,

I've had my E46 since 2017 and both the car and me have been through a lot since then, but I just recently signed up here because I really like the community and helpful posts.

A very brief introduction. My name is Oliver and I just got done with my bachelors. I plan to go to NC State for grad school in the fall so I'm probably sticking around NC. As an undergrad, I was looking for a car to get around and explore the country since public transport was practically non-existent. I drove a Ford Mondeo before (int. student before you ask) but my E46 is technically the first car that I own.

I didn't know much about cars back then. I just knew I wanted a manual and happened to stumble upon a Mystic Blue 330i in Greensboro. Being on a budget, I slowly learned to fix all the common E46 issues over the last few years and let me tell you, it has been quite the journey. I've since become a big E46 enthusiast and I hope to one day own a ZHP or Individual model. I still have big plans for my current 330i though, including full M-Tech II body kit (just missing the rear bumper), full interior swap (ideally black and brown) and maybe some ARC-8s in the future.

These pics are a bit older but apart from the side skirts it hasn't really changed since the summer.

Name:  a.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  456.0 KBName:  b.JPG
Views: 339
Size:  299.1 KB

Basic specs:
    -Base model 2004 330i
    -6 speed
    -Mystic Blue
    -Slicktop

It's currently sitting on H&R sports with M68 wrapped in Firehawk Indy 500s.

I often autocross with Triad Sports Car Club. Here's a post from our last event: https://www.instagram.com/p/B35R2ISg...on_share_sheet

I also like driving on Blue Ridge Parkway and Tail of the Dragon, both of which are only a day trip away.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  1.04 MB

Looking forward to getting to know some of the awesome people in this community!
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Welcome, Oliver. I’m about 30 minutes away from you in Greensboro.

Do you like THSCC? They’ve had some autocross events at Greensboro Coliseum I’ve wanted to attend but the scheduling never quite worked out.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

We briefly met over the summer when I looked at your winter tires. I instantly recognized that Estoril Coupe from your Reddit posts. You have a very beautiful car!

I don't have much to compare TSCC to, but I've been with them for over year and I've enjoyed my time very much. It's really well organized yet laid back at the same time. There's a great variety of people there. They are all very nice and helpful. It's also easy to find people who are on your wavelength.

But I will say that Coliseum is by far my least favorite location. The tarmac there is in really bad shape and very slippery. If you can, I highly recommend the Danville events (hosted at the airport) but Winston-Salem (fairgrounds) is fun too.

Welcome, beautiful car!

Welcome! And nice car. I love mystic blue (I'm biased). I bought my car in Charlotte. Seem to be a lot of people on here from NC.

Your interior looks clean. Is that a short shift kit? And where did you get the mystic blue interior trim?
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    We briefly met over the summer when I looked at your winter tires. I instantly recognized that Estoril Coupe from your Reddit posts. You have a very beautiful car!

I don't have much to compare TSCC to, but I've been with them for over year and I've enjoyed my time very much. It's really well organized yet laid back at the same time. There's a great variety of people there. They are all very nice and helpful. It's also easy to find people who are on your wavelength.

But I will say that Coliseum is by far my least favorite location. The tarmac there is in really bad shape and very slippery. If you can, I highly recommend the Danville events (hosted at the airport) but Winston-Salem (fairgrounds) is fun too.
    Small world, huh? Thanks for the info on the coliseum, I’m hoping to actually check out THSCC in 2020.

I seem to remember seeing pictures of a mystic sedan at Danville on either the E46 or autocross Subreddit, I’m guessing those belong to you lol.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by racer2086 View Post
    Welcome! And nice car. I love mystic blue (I'm biased). I bought my car in Charlotte. Seem to be a lot of people on here from NC.

Your interior looks clean. Is that a short shift kit? And where did you get the mystic blue interior trim?
    Thanks! Not a short shifter, just a genuine BMW Performance shifter. It's very short, which makes it look (and kind of feel) like a short shifter. The interior trim is just wrapped in Avery dark blue metallic. It happens to match mystic blue, including the shift to purple under certain lighting conditions, almost perfectly. A friend of mine (who lives in Charlotte) did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Small world, huh? Thanks for the info on the coliseum, I’m hoping to actually check out THSCC in 2020.

I seem to remember seeing pictures of a mystic sedan at Danville on either the E46 or autocross Subreddit, I’m guessing those belong to you lol.
    The season starts again February 29th at Danville. If you can make it I highly recommend it because you will automatically become a member that day which saves you 5$ on every following event for the year. And yeah, that was probably me. I can hardly wait for the next event. The body roll was always such a pain on my car so I'm really excited to try out my Eibach sway bars. Here's a pic from over the summer, before I started converting the car to M-Tech:

Name:  photo_2019-07-16_22-53-43.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  294.3 KB

Heck yeah, Oliver! Glad you made it over here to the mafia. I love the mystic blue over grey combo, but totally understand wanting a darker interior.

Y'all let me know when you're going to do an autocross in G'boro and I'll see about making my way up there. I love the ones that are put on down here at the speedway -- the courses are huge and it's easy to hit 60-70 mph in sections!

Oh and if you want to try out a 3.07 rear diff, just go drive Spenser's car! The 3.38 will be coming out of mine soon for a 3.23

I'm honestly not sure what my interior plans are. It's gonna come down to what's available (and cheap) but maybe you can give me some input when you see the car for real. I might be heading down to Charlotte in the near future to pick up some ZHP wheels. I'll let you know in advance, I really do want to at least try the highly praised 3.38.

I've also heard praise about the ZMax autocross events but I never realized that the speedway had events too. I tried a couple of parade laps at the speedway and I really enjoyed the track, so I'm planning on joining a full Track Night session whenever they have one again. Which club is autocross on the speedway with?

The TSCC 2020 calendar is already out and I'm usually at almost every event they have: http://www.auto-x.com/schedule.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast