Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Reserve: 2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP 6-Speed

That m3 front bumper will cost the seller $3k+. Looks like a great car however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

You do wonder why the M-Tech II bumpers get replaced with M3 bumpers. Did they crack the front bumper and decide to replace it with something else? Did they prefer to replace it purely because they thought it looked better? Do they hate their car?

so, for 13 years of ownership, does Florida not record mileage that can be reported on the CarFax? That seems like an eternity.... 1st recorded mileage after mile 4 is 105K and 13 years later? Is that how it works in Florida?
    Pete

I like the owner's explanation why he is selling : "midlife crisis purchase that does not meet real life transportation needs for us."
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

that M3 bumper appears to have been on the car when he bought it. Found the car with 105K miles for sale at a dealer for $10,900 with the M3 bumper already installed

https://topcheapcar.com/car/Used-200...BD534X4PD97948
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    that M3 bumper appears to have been on the car when he bought it. Found the car with 105K miles for sale at a dealer for $10,900 with the M3 bumper already installed

https://topcheapcar.com/car/Used-200...BD534X4PD97948
    Nice investigative work. Still doesn't explain what drives someone to slap an M3 bumper on a ZHP.

Someone test drove the car recently and posted these comments in BaT:

"I’ll chime in as I checked this car out recently when it was posted on Craigslist a month ago. When we met, the seller mentioned that the car had “good bones”. I would agree. It drove fine without rattles or any noticeable suspension needs. Drove straight and did the same under braking. Clutch felt fine and it shifted as it should. On mechanical condition, the car seemed really solid. Seller had receipts for all work done by a local BMW dealer

The cosmetics were the issue for me. Here’s what I recall:

1. The pass rear quarter has been painted and there is primer visible in the pass side door jamb.
    2. Has some of the typical pillar cloth peeling
    3. Center armrest is broken internally…very loose
    4. Both bumpers have been painted and the shade of paint is off a bit
    5. Due to having the M3 front bumper, the front fender liners don’t line up correctly. Car either needs the ZHP bumper installed or the M3 fender liners put in place.
    6. Same goes for the front bumper vent tubes next to the fog lights. They don’t line up quite right due to differences in the bumpers
    7. I didn’t notice paint fade on the side, but the paint on the hood and trunk lid is lacking in sheen…bit sun baked
    8. The parking brake needs adjustment. It pulls almost to full vertical.
    9. Wheels weren’t all curbed up like many of these cars have
    10. Heat worked and AC compressor kicked on. Cold day so I can’t say how effective the AC is.
    11. Rear interior side panels were both loose…I suppose they just need clips replaced?

If you are looking for a fun economical ZHP, this car “should” fit that bill. If you require everything be OEM, this may not be the best choice. I did not make an offer on the car although I’m still interested. I lean more towards the sedans (have 2 little guys riding in back most of the time)."
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

I'm still bothered by the 13 years with no recorded mileage or service since the day it was new? How is that possible? A dealer would have been recording the warranty services at least

It then appears after 13 years in hiding with an M3 bumper, and no service history?

Then... gets registered in Georgia for 14 months where it gets driven only 800 miles?
    Then... gets registered in Missouri for 6 months and vroom......suddenly it gets driven 6,000 miles to it's current mileage

just needs some " s'plainin" for my tastes. There's got to be more here
    Pete

Reading this thread tells me I'm just going to bend over and take it when the day comes to part with my ZHP. I am the fourth owner. I did not keep most of the receipts for the work done (more then $10K of expenses since 2015. Although I could probably go to the two indys and get print outs). We recently damaged the front bumper when it hooked over a parking stop at a new restaurant here in town. My body shop guy said 15 years of similar, but lesser actions have made it a no go on repairing the front bumper so we bought what is supposedly a replacement but it does not have the cut-outs for the reflectors that ZHP coupes/verts have. It is at the body shop now. My wheels are curbed in places, the normal minor curbing. The car has 122K miles. Yada, yada, yada, etc.

I've got the wherewithal to simply give the car to a deserving party at a really low valuation and that is likely what I'll do one day in the next year because rather than have someone chirping at me about some freaking detail that's wrong about this 15 year-old, high mileage vehicle, I'd rather have no chirping and see a happy smiling face instead. I'll eventually take the step of walking away from my sweet ZHP simply because we have too many cars, I'm getting older, distractions (my ZHP is a distraction because there is usually something that requires attention every month or so) are really costly for a person in my situation and, besides, it was a good trip getting to know the BMW world through the purchase of a 107K mile ZHP convertible in early 2015.

Summary: I do respect folks who desire pristine cars with low miles, all original everything, all records, all doubts removed, yada, yada, yada, etc. They are on one side of the proverbial bell curve and I'm on the other side of the bell curve with the folks who are ok with pretty darn good but not perfect. This next comment is likely going to be like finger nails being pulled across a brick to many: I actually am relieved when our new car gets its first scratch or blemish because perfection is then no longer available. It is mentally freeing to me when that happens. Ca la vie. Different strokes for different folks. I usually buy used cars rather than new cars because they already have the scratches and they already have had the big depreciation hit. You know the routine.
    2004 CiC 6MT Silver Gray (A08) Black Interior 1 of 51 Made
    Intravee - Navigation - Back-up Sensors - Cold Weather Package - Home Link Mirror
    Winter Hardtop, too - A Sweet Ride

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast