I'm about to purchase a ZHP here in the next month or so and am planning out upgrades to the car. For sure an S54 will be installed in the first 12 months. Before I do that, I want to make sure the suspension and braking are up to the task of handling the extra power and speed. I know a full M3 suspension can be installed and that is definitely an option. However, I do want to make sure that is the best decision for my build. The goal is to have the suspension be as light as possible (M3 suspension heavier?) and adjustable as necessary. Regardless of using the ZHP or M3 suspension I am likely to install Ohlins or KW to have something good for both high performance driving events and the street. Brakes would be upgraded as well. Again the goal is lightweight and whatever is needed to slow down the car from 100+mph. Don't want overkill and that usually means heavy brakes and higher unsprung weight. So a good brake kit using the stock ZHP setup is fine if that works.

So should I do the extra expense of buying and installing the M3 suspension knowing that it will need a refresh, etc. Or keep the ZHP suspension and just upgrade from there. Key point - will the M3 differential work with a stock ZHP rear end? If not, then that might answer my question. But then I could always install a limited slip upgrade from Quaife. Again looking for less weight but enough to handle the S54 power.

Thoughts?