Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    we may have to watch for recalls on the other cars in our garages.... This from USAToday last week:

DETROIT – Takata is recalling 10 million more front air bag inflators sold to 14 different automakers because they can explode with too much force and hurl shrapnel.

The recall is the last one the bankrupt company agreed to in a 2015 settlement with the U.S. safety regulators. It could bring to a close the largest series of automotive recalls in U.S. history.

The 10 million inflators are part of the approximately 70 million in the U.S. that Takata was to recall as part of the agreement with National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Vehicles made by Audi, BMW, Honda, Daimler Vans, Fiat Chrysler, Ferrari, Ford, General Motors, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen are affected.

Automakers will determine what models are affected and launch their own recalls. Some already have made the announcements.
    Pete

I've downloaded and attached the recall from BMWUSA. It has a FAQ portion that isn't included in the download from NHTSA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pete

Another airbag recall??

Is this a new recall? It says it was posted a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

I got the same thing from Carfax. Pretty sure the prior owner did the Takata recall before I bought the car but not where I can confirm right now.

This is a new recall to replace the defective airbags that they installed as a result of the last recall. Can't make it up...
    ------------------
    Summary

BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2000-2005 323iT, 325iT, 325xiT, 320i, 323i, 325i, 325xi, 328i, 330i and 330xi and 2000-2006 323Ci, 325Ci, 328Ci, 330Ci, M3 Coupe, 323Cic, 325Cic, 330Cic, and M3 Convertible vehicles equipped with non-desiccated frontal Takata PSAN inflators and PSPI passenger frontal air bag inflators containing phase stabilized ammonium nitrate (PSAN) propellant that were used as interim remedy parts for previous Takata recalls. These inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, high temperatures, and high temperature cycling.

Remedy

BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger's front air bag, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 6, 2020. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

we've kicking this topic around for a few days already here:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...101#post591101
    Pete

IIRC, It was known that the passenger side was a partial/temporary fix previously and there would be a follow-up fix. Though I could be making stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    IIRC, It was known that the passenger side was a partial/temporary fix previously and there would be a follow-up fix. Though I could be making stuff up.
    you're not making it up, that was always the plan. From the FAQ's:

Q4. Why is this recall just coming out now?

The recall schedule follows the guidelines published by NHTSA in the May 2016 amended Takata Recall Coordinated Remedy Order.

Q5. If I had my passenger front air bag module replaced prior, do I need to have it replaced again?

Yes. This final replacement part is ammonium–nitrate free. Please contact your authorized BMW center immediately to schedule an appointment to have this important free repair performed as soon as possible.
    Pete

Merged the two threads. Completed my recall today.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Nobody has reported having it done yet on any of the blogs! Everyone is still in the whining phase!

I think you may be first in the country!

Pete

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast