Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    My airbag recall has been completed, took them about 10 minutes once they got the car in.

Nice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Woah, and to think I almost rear ended someone slamming on their breaks making a U-Turn yesterday. My local DL was pretty good about it last time

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Currently sitting at the dealer getting the drivers air bag (finally) and the passenger one replaced...again!

Having mine replaced on Tuesday morning.

Got my letter today referencing Recall Campaign No. 19V-853: Driver's Air Bag Inflator (NADI) for certain model year 1999-2001 3-series vehicles. They will inspect the driver air bag inflator and, if necessary, replace it with a newly designed inflator (approx. 1 hour repair).

The NHTSA site shows the following for the 2002 325xi and 2006 330ic:
    1 Unrepaired Recalls associated with this VIN
    Jan 15,2020
    Manufacturer Recall Number - NA
    NHTSA Recall Number - 20V018
    Recall Status - Recall Incomplete
    Summary - PASSENGER'S FRONT AIR BAG: This recall is for vehicles which have already had the Takata PSPI passenger front air bag replaced as part of a previous recall. During air bag deployment in an accident, the passenger's front air bag module may produce excessive internal pressure that could cause the inflator to explode.
    Last edited by John in VA; 01-31-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Interesting, as I never did get a letter. But, when I called South Bay BMW they had me in their system (I know the recall is more a corporate HQ thing).
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Interesting, as I never did get a letter. But, when I called South Bay BMW they had me in their system (I know the recall is more a corporate HQ thing).
    Same here. I never got a letter but i called the local dealer and they are doing it tomorrow morning. Looking forward to test driving the loaner.

Called my local dealer today and they could schedule me but stated that I needed to drop my car off and leave it for 24 hours. I told them that wasnt an option and that the replacement of the recalled item shouldnt take that long (I waited when I had my driver side airbag done). The girl on the phone continued to insist that I needed to leave the car to which I continued to reply that I cant do that.

Going to call back tomorrow and talk to someone else who is willing to schedule me for a same day return, shouldnt take that damn long to replace and I dont trust my car being left anywhere, even if its the dealer.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Shouldn’t take that damn long to replace and I dont trust my car being left anywhere, even if its the dealer.
    X2...

For those who have done the recall now have to go back again.

They offer a mobile service but it’s only for the drivers side.

People are reporting broken trim, scratched rims and broken airbag plugs.

This is whole recall is a fiasco.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast