Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FS: NC - $80 - E90 Rear View Mirror Upgrade - Compass/Auto-dim/Garage Door Opener - Plug & Play

I have TWO used OEM BMW E90 Premium Rear View Mirrors available for sale if anyone is interested in upgrading the mirror in their ZHP.

Mirrors are in excellent condition.

These are plug and play for any e46 2001 and later with the body harness 10 pin plug wired for plugs 1,3,8,9, & 10.

Not for Verts, apparently they are different (key fob sensors, alarm stuff and what not). Also, if you're car came with an SOS Assist mirror, you will have to remove pins 4,5,6,& 7 from your body harness plug.

Features Auto-dim, Compass, Garage Door Opener, and is compatible with existing rain sensor.

If your vehicle was NOT equipped with Auto-dimming from the factory (Premium Package) you will have to re-pin your plug to put power to pins 1 & 3. It's my understanding the Premium Package DID NOT go hand in hand with the Performance Package (ZHP) therefore many ZHP's may not have auto-dimming mirrors from the factory.

See delmarco's thread over on E46F:

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=694082

Located in NC. Asking $80 shipped per mirror.
    Last edited by Thatguy_JZ; 03-02-2020 at 01:22 PM.

One mirror sold - One remaining for sale.

Sent you pm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Rando

Did you read the DIY in his link? I didn't see any responses to questions in that thread about mirrors from E9X that would fit E46 convertibles. My take on it was that the mirror might have to come from a convertible (E93) to be able to fit E46 convertibles.... you may want to breeze through the thread and see if you have the same impression

I also looked on RealOEM, and the E93 convertible mirror 51169192331 is unique from the sedan/coupe.

Just a heads up
    Pete

True, I'm seeing that as well. Verts might be different.

The DIY is also alittle confusing in regards to the harness.

The mirror I'm selling is complete with it's own female plug intact. They were unplugged from the donor car. You do not need the cut body harness and donor car pigtail (male) for this install.

can you post the part number for the remaining mirror? Was it from a sedan or coupe?
    Pete

Pics of mirror plug and mounting point. I have a spare mirror plug pigtail cut from an e46 harness and can confirm it does plug right in.

Both mirrors came from 2006 Sedans and have the same part number albeit what looks like slightly different production dates if I had to guess

In that DIY thread check post 63 - Vert are different.

A note that i have discovered on my M3 convertible. The mirrors from the e46 sedans and coupes will not work with the convertibles. The mirror itself has the sensor for the key fob in it, where as the other models are built into the interior light housing. If you do a mirror swap with an E90 from what i can gather it will have to be a convertible. I have verified this is true from switching a mirror off an e46 sedan with homelink to my M3. The homelink and auto dim work great but i cant use the remote any more. I am going to thry putting my girlfriends E90 sedan mirror in it just to verify accuracy, but from what it looks like if you want to do this swap on a convertible, you have to have another convertible mirror. They are much harder to find thus far for me
    I'll edit my original post to reflect

Don't want to step on your sale thread, but I purchased a similar mirror earlier from a forum member, hoping to install it in my '06 (09/2005) coupe (auto-dim, no SOS). It didn't work in the coupe, but worked perfectly in my 02/2002 325xi sedan. I don't have the mirror part # handy, but will compare to what you posted. I'll also check out the DIY from delmarco. Thanks!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Just read, sounds like it won't work for vert. thanks for the detail.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

John in VA

No worries. Did you check the plug in your coupe? Are the body harness pins 1,3,8,9,and 10 wired?

Rando

All good, I don't want to misrepresent anything

Also for anyone needing to wire, here is the part number for the keys/pins needed for this type of plug so everything fits factory

Can be ordered thru Digikey's website for something like 10 cents per pin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast