Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Guys with supercharged cars: PSI?

Im seriously considering boosting the car this year with VF Engineering. I had a 1998 VW GTI VR6 Sgt3 with their stuff years ago and it was an absolute blast.

For the guys who are boosted: how much PSI are you pushing with your respective setup? I know nearly all/if not all the people on here are rocking the ESS kits. VF states that the kit comes set at 6psi. I emailed their technical email address inquiring about an option to bump the tune up to 8-9psi. My motor is completely stock, I dont plan on changing that aside from MAYBE an exhaust (sensitive subject, Im super picky on how an exhaust sounds). I additionally was planning to add an oil cooler to the bolt on setup. I would probably do a very mild upgraded clutch that still felt mostly OEM once the stock one gives out.

What are your alls thoughts/opinions?

Edit: I apologize, if someone wants to move this to the engine/technical section.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I went with the ESS Stage 1 which is 6.5 PSI due to the fact that i have an AT, not stick, so that's the safest route. ESS vs VF choice was going for more torque at lower RPM range. If I had a stick I would have possibly gone for a Stage 2, which I am guessing is 8. A Stage 3 is even more. The Stage 1 is tame to drive, but gives the car nice oomph. There are a couple other Stage 2 cars on our site.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

My ESS TS3 pushes about 15psi and is an absolute blast. I plan on installing a Whipple twin screw unit this year but will require some fabrication.

If you decide to do it, adding that type of power will magnify any deficiencies in maintenance items that may need addressed.

I emailed VF a few weeks ago and asked if they can supply a tune for 8-10psi instead of 6 and they stated that the tuning is standard 6 and that I would need to reach out to vortech or someone else regarding that. Seems kind of ridiculous to me
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover