Thread: Guys with supercharged cars: PSI?

Guys with supercharged cars: PSI?

Im seriously considering boosting the car this year with VF Engineering. I had a 1998 VW GTI VR6 Sgt3 with their stuff years ago and it was an absolute blast.

For the guys who are boosted: how much PSI are you pushing with your respective setup? I know nearly all/if not all the people on here are rocking the ESS kits. VF states that the kit comes set at 6psi. I emailed their technical email address inquiring about an option to bump the tune up to 8-9psi. My motor is completely stock, I dont plan on changing that aside from MAYBE an exhaust (sensitive subject, Im super picky on how an exhaust sounds). I additionally was planning to add an oil cooler to the bolt on setup. I would probably do a very mild upgraded clutch that still felt mostly OEM once the stock one gives out.

What are your alls thoughts/opinions?

Edit: I apologize, if someone wants to move this to the engine/technical section.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, GC coilovers, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro Cement Gray - OE blackout badges, Innovativ HIDs, Phillips LED fogs, CanvasBack full rear coverings

I went with the ESS Stage 1 which is 6.5 PSI due to the fact that i have an AT, not stick, so that's the safest route. ESS vs VF choice was going for more torque at lower RPM range. If I had a stick I would have possibly gone for a Stage 2, which I am guessing is 8. A Stage 3 is even more. The Stage 1 is tame to drive, but gives the car nice oomph. There are a couple other Stage 2 cars on our site.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, Ground Control Coilovers, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture