Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ZHP fell into my lap

Hi Everyone. Im really happy to join this community of people and cars to introduce my latest project, a 2005 330i ZHP, A08, Sedan with 184k on the clock.

A little history on myself first... My name is Tim, I'm a Euro specialty mechanic in Annapolis, MD. I love cars and have owned at least 30 over the past 15 years. When I'm not at work, Im in my home garage working on my own projects or customers cars. I'll save my stories of other projects for later since the real focus of attention here is my newly acquired ZHP.

A few years ago a bought a 2003 VW Jetta 1.8t 5sp from a customer at work that couldn't afford the repairs. Paid a few hundred for it with intentions of parting it out and making a little money. I was very preoccupied with a personal customers 95 Porsche 993 engine reseal, timing chain and transmission replacement that I never even touched the Jetta. Fast forward to last weekend when a friend of a friend reached out to me asking about my Jetta and mentioned he wanted to trade me his 05 BMW 330 straight up for the Jetta. He said the engine was hydro-locked on the BMW. I figured Ive got nothing to loose and made the trade. Both parties satisfied with the deal and boom history was made!

After looking over the car and it's featured I realized it was different than all the 330s Ive driven in past years. Thats when I discovered this forum and that my deal of a century netted me a ZHP for absurdly cheap.

I pulled the spark plugs and cranked the engine. This resulted in 6 geysers of black gold shooting out of the cylinders! Awful mess. Put the plugs back in and it started right up and idles smooth except that it billowed smoke from the tailpipe. Long story short, bad Crankcase vent valve (oil separator) caused oil to be sucked up the dipstick tube. Replaced all the PCV stuff and the engine runs perfectly with no smoke. Score!!

Now comes the fun part! Considering the low price of admission, Ive taken it upon myself to restore this car to its former glory and keep it for myself. No thoughts of selling it in the foreseeable future. Dirty is an understatement. Id like to document and share the entirety of my project with everyone here. This story is developing quickly and progress being made everyday. Ive only had the car for exactly 7 days at the time of this posting. Hopefully someone here can point me in the direction of where I can post this build/restoration.

TLDR: Got ZHP super cheap, dirtiest car I've ever cleaned, restore and build. Stay tuned.

Welcome! Nothing better than bringing the shine back to a beat up car

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Yeah, I'm in for the ride!

Another saved ZHP!

And welcome to the Mafia!
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Welcome! Nothing better than bringing the shine back to a beat up car
    Thanks! There's something deeply satisfying about going from, I need a shower after sitting in there, to holy crap is this a new car?!

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Yeah, I'm in for the ride!

Another saved ZHP!

And welcome to the Mafia!
    Y'all are quite the wealth of information. Thanks for the warm welcome and I'm looking forward to sharing more pictures and progress with everyone.

Ive already got a pile of parts and have done tons of cleaning. Where is the best part of the forum to make a build/restoration thread?

BMW ownership / projects I think.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Welcome!

Welcome! Good find! have fun going thru everything lol
    - 2005 Titanium Silver 330i ZHP 6spd -

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    BMW ownership / projects I think.
    Yes - here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forum...hp?48-Projects
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Welcome! I am glad to hear that one more zhp will be saved.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Welcome. Great project, good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast