Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coolant leak--can't track it down

Donít forget to check under the thermostat housing.

There are other hoses that go on the drivers side back to the firewall. But itís under the intake etc. those donít leak as often. The areas that are prone to leaks and FAILURES are the ones already mentioned. I wouldnít drive too much without getting it fixed. Youve got a ticking time bomb.

Youíd see the bluish white residue wherever there is a leak.
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I am doing my best to find it, as at this point it now leaks fast enough that if I drive it briskly enough it will lose the coolant in the first 20 mins of driving or so. Will report back findings!

Quote Originally Posted by usinjin View Post
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I am doing my best to find it, as at this point it now leaks fast enough that if I drive it briskly enough it will lose the coolant in the first 20 mins of driving or so. Will report back findings!
    You will definitely find blue cruddy shit wherever the leak is.

Quote Originally Posted by usinjin View Post
    What coolant are you using? If youíre using BMW coolant, then you should see the blue/white residue. If itís aftermarket, then that changes things.

Let us know so we arenít sending you on a wild goose chase.
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12