Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don’t forget to check under the thermostat housing.

There are other hoses that go on the drivers side back to the firewall. But it’s under the intake etc. those don’t leak as often. The areas that are prone to leaks and FAILURES are the ones already mentioned. I wouldn’t drive too much without getting it fixed. Youve got a ticking time bomb.

You’d see the bluish white residue wherever there is a leak.
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I am doing my best to find it, as at this point it now leaks fast enough that if I drive it briskly enough it will lose the coolant in the first 20 mins of driving or so. Will report back findings!

Quote Originally Posted by usinjin View Post
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I am doing my best to find it, as at this point it now leaks fast enough that if I drive it briskly enough it will lose the coolant in the first 20 mins of driving or so. Will report back findings!
    You will definitely find blue cruddy shit wherever the leak is.

What coolant are you using? If you’re using BMW coolant, then you should see the blue/white residue. If it’s aftermarket, then that changes things.

Let us know so we aren’t sending you on a wild goose chase.
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post
    What coolant are you using? If you’re using BMW coolant, then you should see the blue/white residue. If it’s aftermarket, then that changes things.

Let us know so we aren’t sending you on a wild goose chase.
    BMW coolant. So far I'm only seeing flecks appear around the expansion tank (near the top rim). Again, tank isn't that old, and nor is the cap.

School has got me busy but when I get time I'd like to replace the water pump regardless of if the seal is leaking. 145k miles and it's the original.

Yesterday I noticed some fluid pooling under the car near the middle, but I had to leave and couldn't see if it was coolant or not.

BMW coolant. So far I'm only seeing flecks appear around the expansion tank (near the top rim). Again, tank isn't that old, and nor is the cap.

School has got me busy but when I get time I'd like to replace the water pump regardless of if the seal is leaking. 145k miles and it's the original.

Yesterday I noticed some fluid pooling under the car near the middle, but I had to leave and couldn't see if it was coolant or not.
    There are two pipes that run under the intake that are prone to cracking. I just rebuilt my motor and when I removed them parts of the ends actually broke off in the head and back of the timing chain cover. One of the pipes goes from your head to your heater core valve via a rubber hose, and the other goes from the back of the water pump to the expansion tank. These pipes should be replaced by 100k miles. You have to removed the intake to replace these coolant pipes but it is well worth it. While you are at it you could replace your heater core hoses, and the CCV.

These are the two pipes.
    Name:  coolant pipes.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  11.9 KB
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12