Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Just seeing this post...great score on the ZHP, and excellent work! You are absolutely doing it the right way.
    Eric Giles
    '05 330i ZHP Imola Red/Gray Leather 6sp swap
    '05 330i ZHP Titanium Silver/Black Leather
    '87 325is Delphin Gray/Black Leather 5sp plastic bumper swap

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Quote Originally Posted by Suppra87 View Post
    Bilstein PSS. The standard kit, non-adjustable dampening. Really nice ride quality! Easily nice enough for daily driving yet very controlled when it needs to be.

Nice! Thanks for the reply, I’m trying to decide between the Billys, OE ZHP or take a chance with BC’s

Car looks fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by delvin View Post
    Nice! Thanks for the reply, I’m trying to decide between the Billys, OE ZHP or take a chance with BC’s

Car looks fantastic!
    In my opinion...Bilstein PSS hands down. I can't comment on new factory ZHP stuff cause mine was clapped out but ive driven 50+ different e46s and even with replacement suspension they don't come close to the PSS system. Additionally, I have BC's on both my E39 525i (Ford Coyote 5.0 swapped) and my ST185 Celica All-trac; while I like them both in terms of handling, the comfort/handling ratio just isn't there for me. Again just my take on it.

The PO owner found these headlamp alignment instructions somewhere. I didn't use them, but I hope they help.

Name:  headlamp.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  203.5 KB
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thank you!! Ill try that today.

Sorry I haven't updates this project lately! This zhp has made me realize how long Ive needed an E46 in my life. Ive been really enjoying putting miles on this car (almost 1800 so far). It drives incredibly well and ive been averaging 26.2 mpg....driving a little faster than I should be.

Ive been busy making improvements but got lazy with taking pictures at times. Im sure y'all have seen most of this anyway.
    I got carried away with rebuilding the DISA valve and the VANOS assembly and didn't take any pics.

I was sick of my Pillar trim flapping in the wind so I wrapped the A,B, and C pillars in foam backed alcantara. Turned out great!

Then I replaced the engine and transmission mounts. The old engine mounts had sagged ~1/2", due for replacement. Old trans mounts didn't look too bad but they're super cheap, easy and had 185k on them....so no-brainer.

I began to get a bad fuel smell in the car after filling my fuel tank for the second time. Turned out the top of the fuel pump housing had cracked and somehow leaked fuel in the car. It melted all the factory sounds deadening material. I replaced the pump with a new VDO assembly. Also scraped up and replaced all the sound deadening then a de-coupled layer of Mass loaded vinyl on top,

Both of my ZKW headlights had seen better days, even have sanding/polishing the lenses. I decided to rebuild them using lenses labeled for AL headlights but fit the ZKW 100% perfect. Also a set of new metal Bi-Xenon D2S projectors from Retrofitlabs. Good amount of work but so well worth the results.

Thats all for now!

Nice werk!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Great work! I'm always so jealous of you guys with the lifts in the garage. I'll join the club one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppra87 View Post

I began to get a bad fuel smell in the car after filling my fuel tank for the second time. Turned out the top of the fuel pump housing had cracked and somehow leaked fuel in the car.
    This is so weird because my car just suffered the same problem where the top of the fuel pump housing was cracked. Mine was the suction pump on the driver's side. And, similarly, the smell was most prominent after refueling.

Not sure about the prevalence is, or what would cause the cracking other than old plastic.

Maybe the PSA should be: if you smell fuel (especially after refueling), check the tops of your fuel pump housings.

Couple of updates as I approach 190k. Awesome car to drive 100 miles a day.

Un-pictured improvements:
    -ECS tuning shifter rebuild kit with poly bushings
    -M3 RTABs with poly limiters
    -Lemforder replacement front tie rod inner/outters
    -I aligned it to slightly altered specs for better rear tire wear on the highway
    -Retrofit OEM E39 homelink v.2 garage door opener
    -Replaced all pads with Akebono Ceramic and resurfaced the rotors. (Previous owner put shit pads on good rotors, hence the resurface rather than replace)

Installed Eonon GA-9450 headunit, couldn't be happier.

Replaced the original brittle front air duct with anew BMW piece. Also replaced the lower grille mesh. Front end looks much better now.

This one may stir some controversy but my FCABs are oem in very good condition. I decided to fill them with 3M Windshield Urethane for a better feel and Ive gotta say, monumental difference. And almost free.

Cleaned the front subframe brace/underpanel and replaced the flap door for the oil drain.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast