Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Power Steering took a crap, leaving Jack.

I haven’t driven my ZHP very much lately. Today was a good weather day with clear sky’s and high’s in the mid 50°’s. With some free time, I decided to take a drive back to Tennessee.

The first stop was Jack Daniels distillery, in Lynchburg, Tennessee. I needed to re-supply may White Rabbit Saloon, Sour Mash!

The 50 mile drive was great. Mostly 50-60 MPH speed limits on a divided 4 lane in Alabama. Then 55 MPH 5 lane and twisty, hills 2 lanes in Tennessee.

The place was really busy, and I had to make several loops to find parking in the small close onsite parking lot. Still no issues with the car.

We went in, found what I was looking for and made the purchase. We got back to the car, got things put away and started it up to head out.

Now there’s no power steering with a very heavy hard to turn steering wheel. I don’t hear anything out of the ordinary and don’t see anything that leaked in the parking space I left.

With just a hard to steer slow issue, I continued on. When I got to the next town, 8-10 miles down the road. I stopped at a Autozone (in case I needed something) to check it out. Turned off the car and opened the hood. Belts are all in place and the power steering fluid is full. Note, I was watching the temp gage very closely after this started. We continued on making the other stops including lunch and headed home with no other issues. The total mileage after the power steering stopped working was around 100 miles.

Stay tuned, the Fix.

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Well that is a sudden fail. Did you order a new pump already? I guess it could only be that. Can't be the rack right.?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Well that is a sudden fail. Did you order a new pump already? I guess it could only be that. Can't be the rack right.?
    Being Saturday and on the road, I did not order anything yet. The ZHP’s no longer a daily so, I’m not in a rush.

This is the second issue with the pump. The first was back in 2013, when it started making a crazy hammering noise. When that happened, I changed out some of the fluid with a turkey baste’r and drove it.

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

The reservoirs have an internal filter that can clog - start with that. Power Steering Reservoir - 32416851217
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats