I haven’t driven my ZHP very much lately. Today was a good weather day with clear sky’s and high’s in the mid 50°’s. With some free time, I decided to take a drive back to Tennessee.

The first stop was Jack Daniels distillery, in Lynchburg, Tennessee. I needed to re-supply may White Rabbit Saloon, Sour Mash!

The 50 mile drive was great. Mostly 50-60 MPH speed limits on a divided 4 lane in Alabama. Then 55 MPH 5 lane and twisty, hills 2 lanes in Tennessee.

The place was really busy, and I had to make several loops to find parking in the small close onsite parking lot. Still no issues with the car.

We went in, found what I was looking for and made the purchase. We got back to the car, got things put away and started it up to head out.

Now there’s no power steering with a very heavy hard to turn steering wheel. I don’t hear anything out of the ordinary and don’t see anything that leaked in the parking space I left.

With just a hard to steer slow issue, I continued on. When I got to the next town, 8-10 miles down the road. I stopped at a Autozone (in case I needed something) to check it out. Turned off the car and opened the hood. Belts are all in place and the power steering fluid is full. Note, I was watching the temp gage very closely after this started. We continued on making the other stops including lunch and headed home with no other issues. The total mileage after the power steering stopped working was around 100 miles.

Stay tuned, the Fix.

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk