Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    - You'll probably regret selling the zhp. I'd keep it as a weekend car.
    - No it's not common to develop back issues after driving for that amount of time each way. I used to do it in my car no problem. Unless you have some underlying injuries. Does your car not have lumbar?
    - No idea about this. I still like the manual even in socal traffic. I pretty much stick to second gear the whole time when it's really bad so not much shifting. I have a DD (Model 3) now. It's boring to drive, but has all the bells and whistles for being a great DD.
    - Best DD? Model 3 with autopilot lol The 2 series is ok. The seats hug you a lot more. And the car is a lot smaller than the e46 on the inside. The steering wheel feels good, but the steering itself is a little numb. A lot of the torque comes around 1500ish. So to me, in stop & go traffic, there's this sort of jerk when you hit that rpm every time you start which I don't like. It is a fast car though. Also looks good. At least the M240i does to me.
    No underlying injuries, but life changes (got married, smaller bed, smaller couch, etc.). We're moving to a bigger place and hopefully the lower back issues get sorted out with all the other stuff.

My ZHP doesn't have lumbar support, I guess it's a good idea to try out a lumbar cushion?

Man I've always thought the Model 3 was my next car but it's just too out of my price range right now . I'm not opposed to a smaller car, so the 2 series sound alright. I'm yet to test drive one and it feels cramped, I'll be looking for the 3- or 4-series. Thanks for the heads up on the power delivery and RPM. That would feel terrible in stop-and-go, I'll look out for this during my test drive.

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    Yes.....You will regret it. Keep it as weekender. Get a cheapo daily driver.

I'm retired. So I really do not get the ZHP as a daily. But I use the ZHP for my travels to and from Vegas. Love the drive. I already have a time and day schedule on when to depart San Diego and vice versa Vegas. On a good day....3.5 Hrs. 4 hrs. max.

Like I said before.....mileage is a killer. 302 miles one way. But what a fun car for the drive.
    I drove from DC to Rochester at least once a month until last year. What a fun drive! I'd easily get 28-29mpg. My back wasn't all that happy though

I replied in your duplicate post in the off topic forum, just a copy/paste here:

Are you limited to 1 car? If not, keep the ZHP for fun drives and longer distance drives, but get something just for the commute and errands.

I had a i3 for 2.5 years to complement my m3 and I highly recommend it. Only maintenance would be brake fluid flushes and windshield washer fluid. I ended up driving it 95% of the time and it saved about 40k miles from being logged on the m3. I believe CPO ones can be had for 19k, or even less.

I never thought I'd be a BEV (battery electric vehicle) car-guy, but having lived with one for some time it was great.
    - Carbon monocoque, so stiff chassis,
    - rear motor (so weight distribution is slightly rear-biased) and RWD,
    - low center of gravity.
    - Suspension tuning by BMW so it handled well,
    - new enough to have all the tech goodies (if you get the right packages).

I actually miss that car.

FWIW, I have a 2019 i3 REX as my daily driver and absolutely love it. Unless we need to haul something it also serves as our weekend family car, too. Also helps that I snagged a beyond-cheap lease on it.

I like the i3 idea. As long as you could keep the ZHP for weekends...

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I replied in your duplicate post in the off topic forum, just a copy/paste here:

Are you limited to 1 car? If not, keep the ZHP for fun drives and longer distance drives, but get something just for the commute and errands.

I had a i3 for 2.5 years to complement my m3 and I highly recommend it. Only maintenance would be brake fluid flushes and windshield washer fluid. I ended up driving it 95% of the time and it saved about 40k miles from being logged on the m3. I believe CPO ones can be had for 19k, or even less.

I never thought I'd be a BEV (battery electric vehicle) car-guy, but having lived with one for some time it was great.
    - Carbon monocoque, so stiff chassis,
    - rear motor (so weight distribution is slightly rear-biased) and RWD,
    - low center of gravity.
    - Suspension tuning by BMW so it handled well,
    - new enough to have all the tech goodies (if you get the right packages).

I actually miss that car.
    My wife drives a RAV4 hybrid but I barely have access to that car. This is my primary. I haven’t really considered the I3 but it sounds like a good idea!

I’m test driving the 230i this weekend to see how it feels. I’d love to hold on to the ZHP but it will get expensive really fast with the insurance premiums and monthly parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would try to get the ZHP insured through Hagerty once you acquire your next ride. They initially fought me on it saying it wasn't a collector (VIN resolves as a standard 3 series), but when I spoke to the underwriter about the ZHP they were willing to do it. With a $10k agreed value, my premiums are around $500/year and that is with occasional drive to work use allowed - not just pleasure use. The caveat is you must have a daily driver in the house for each licensed driver.

That sounds reasonable. Does Hagerty set a limit on the # of miles you can drive per year ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by 28firefighter View Post
    I would try to get the ZHP insured through Hagerty once you acquire your next ride. They initially fought me on it saying it wasn't a collector (VIN resolves as a standard 3 series), but when I spoke to the underwriter about the ZHP they were willing to do it. With a $10k agreed value, my premiums are around $500/year and that is with occasional drive to work use allowed - not just pleasure use. The caveat is you must have a daily driver in the house for each licensed driver.
    And it needs to be garaged, with no drivers under 21.
    $500 sounds like a lot, but maybe because it's a newer car. My '74 2002tii is ~$300, valued at $40k.
    Hagerty says keep the miles below 2500/year, but I've never had anyone come to check my odometer. I ask about driving the car to the west coast for a car event & they said "no problem."
    Also check with Grundy, American Collectors, Heacock Classic, even your current insurer. When they know the car is pampered, rarely driven and garaged the cost of the policy comes down.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

It actually does not need to be garaged if you park at home. Just ideally.

I set my mileage at 3000 per year, but I only drive 6k a year total. I overshot to be conservative. My policy would be MUCH cheaper if I didn’t have the “occasional drive to work” endorsement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast