Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm referring to the product on the OP's post. I don't see how they can correlate oil level to oil temperature.

Yeah, I use torque to monitor the coolant temperature.
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

Quote Originally Posted by FungShui View Post
    I'm referring to the product on the OP's post. I don't see how they can correlate oil level to oil temperature.

Yeah, I use torque to monitor the coolant temperature.
    The oil level sensor in the bottom of the pan is also a temperature sensor:

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showth...1106967&page=5

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    You can get the coolant temp to display on the cluster without buying anything bro!
    I know, but that is a lot of pushing the little knob on the left side a the cluster over and over and over again, every day.
    The time you don't do it...

The reason why the Ultragauge was a life saver for me was that:

1) I needed coolant temperature read every second of every day while driving because my cluster display was wonky (needle sicking in the wrong position passed middle very often - freak out - stop the car - push the cluster knob to get to temp reading, oh its 93 C no problem!).
    2) With my wonky temperature cluster gauge, I could not trust driving the car.
    3) Ultraguage is on ALL the time and sends alarms if temps go too high.
    4) ~80 and piece of mind to this day, all day long.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

On the E90 platform, this same (or similar) unit measures oil volume using a real smart capacitance measure too.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showth...1106967&page=5
    Thanks ZHPizza. I read through the whole thread and I stand corrected.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

Quote Originally Posted by FungShui View Post
    Thanks ZHPizza. I read through the whole thread and I stand corrected.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Lol I just read through it yesterday so the timing worked out nicely. I still don't know of anyone that has found the right PIDs to input to request the oil temperature data. That would be a game changer for all of us running Torque on our headunits or phones.

Some pics from a guy who recently installed the eKombi over at the German forums.

Name:  kl_20200413_140655.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  401.9 KB
    Name:  kl_20200413_140812.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  367.4 KB
    Name:  kl_20200413_145226.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  325.9 KB
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

New member here who has been lurking the forums for a while but finally decided to join. It was thanks to this thread that I found out about this module, so I went ahead with purchasing one. It recently arrived and installation was going fairly smoothly, but pin 17 at the 26-pin connector (X11175) at the IKE did not have the signal wire for the oil level sensor signal:

I talked with car-solution and they said to run the wire to where the DME is and splice into pin 39 of the 52-pin connector (X60003). But in my attempts to figure out the next steps on my own (before they got back to me) I was looking at the schematic, which tells me it should actually be pin 50.

I was halfway through the install yesterday, but cold weather has encouraged me not go continue, and I also want car-solution to confirm my thoughts. But, I also want to get this install done so I may just finish it up. Will update once I have it working

Well, I just spent about 2 hours getting this thing in, and the 1 wire through the firewall and spliced into the DME harness:

That brown/yellow dotted wire:

Perhaps I shouldn't have wrapped everything up so nicely, because nothing works, and my BC button is unresponsive. Removing the two plugs for the BC button and connecting them back to how it was stock (unsurprisingly) returns functionality of the button, but it's as if the module isn't even there. Maybe pin 39 on the X60003 connector was where I was supposed to splice per Car-Solution's suggestion, but that makes no sense, as that pin is for the secondary air pump. Unless the schematics on newTISinfo are incorrect? Either way I'm a bit frustrated right now, I guess I'll just leave it and see what they say.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

This is a wild guess but your car is MS45 right? The MS45 was never sold in Europe. All E46 came with MS43 there, even the 6 speed models. Maybe that has something to do with it?
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast