Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BlueBUS

BlueBUS

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone has installed the BlueBus Bluetooth adaptor in their ZHP. I have a 2004 ZHP with HK system and the OEM pre-wired phone (saw the label in the trunk). If so, is there any chance you could please send instructions on how to install it? I’ve been YouTubing and searching for hours and haven’t come across any specific instructions on how to install. There is one video from “e39 source” but I know it is different for an e46 in terms of locating all the wires like the digital DSP unit, telephone cable, analog audio, and Power-IBUS.

It would be SO much to me if someone could help me out on this. Thank you so much.

Best,
    Chris

I just ordered mine, but after digging around in the trunk to look at cables, it sure seems substantially similar back there to the E39. Seems fairly straightforward, but can’t say for sure yet.

There are some instructions for other units like Grom or bimmernav that may help give you the right direction.

I'm getting ready to install as well , any difference installing with BMW assist?
    Thanks
    Last edited by PdZHP; 04-17-2020 at 08:04 PM.

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

Good to know. Thank you! I have the 04 zhp, but it was built in 10/03. Does my car have a built in mic in the cabin? I saw that there is a plastic black strip with inserts on the right of the sunroof button. Is this where the OEM mic is? My car is pre-wired for the cellphone from checking the trunk.

Good to know. Thank you! I have the 04 zhp, but it was built in 10/03. Does my car have a built in mic in the cabin? I saw that there is a plastic black strip with inserts on the right of the sunroof button. Is this where the OEM mic is? My car is pre-wired for the cellphone from checking the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by PdZHP View Post
    I'm getting ready to install as well , any difference installing with BMW assist?
    Thanks
    Your assist should already have the microphone in place, but it may not be the most current microphone needed. What I found around the junk yards is early assist cars have the early microphone and quickly reading over bluebus, it requires the later part number so you may want to double check that.

Early microphones I think are all black and the later ones have blue piece on them

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    - 2005 Titanium Silver 330i ZHP 6spd -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegestudentwithazhp View Post
    Pop that panel down with the sunroof switch and the microphone and look and see. I have a spare microphone in my shed but I'm not sure if it's the latest part number required to work with bluebus

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    - 2005 Titanium Silver 330i ZHP 6spd -

Thanks!

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

BlueBUS

Quote Originally Posted by Collegestudentwithazhp View Post
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone has installed the BlueBus Bluetooth adaptor in their ZHP. I have a 2004 ZHP with HK system and the OEM pre-wired phone (saw the label in the trunk). If so, is there any chance you could please send instructions on how to install it? I’ve been YouTubing and searching for hours and haven’t come across any specific instructions on how to install. There is one video from “e39 source” but I know it is different for an e46 in terms of locating all the wires like the digital DSP unit, telephone cable, analog audio, and Power-IBUS.

It would be SO much to me if someone could help me out on this. Thank you so much.

Best,
    Chris
    I had the same issue, I had to think about it for a minute. There are some plastic pop rivots on the trunk liner remove those and you should be able to remove the carpet covering the cd changer in the back. On my 05 coupe there were 4 8mm bolts holding the 6cd changer in. Remove those and pull out the cd changer, there will be two wires plugged into it. Remove those and plug them into the bluebus.

You are finished now except for the calling function, I havent received my 54 pin? adapter for that yet but there is a bundle of wires wrapped up in a foam blanket near the cd changer. There were 4 cables total in that bundle, one being for the 54 pin for the calling functions of the bluebus. Im guessing we have no use for the other 3.
    Last edited by BMWM3186; 04-21-2020 at 03:39 PM.

I have not received my BlueBus or adapter yet (expecting June since I was a late order), but I did order and install a microphone off ebay. The installation itself is super simple, but it took me a few minutes to dig around for the wrapping that contained the microphone connector. There are a number of connections up there that might be loose and hanging around, including the homelink adapter.

As far as the trunk, I do not have BMW Assist or a CD Changer, which does simplify things a bit. I had a bundle of cords wrapped up behind the carpeting in the left side of the trunk. There were a number of connections there - a 3 pin power cord, a capped blue SES connector, a black 54 pin TCU connector, a DSP connector, and then what I imagine was runs for the antenna and possibly some wiring in the center console where a phone would have been installed. Since my blue SES connector is capped, I ordered the 54pin TCU adapter.

I'll connect the flat 3 pin power cord to the BlueBlus, the adapter run to the black 54 pin TCU connector, and the square Analog-DSP connector (since I do not have digital DSP). I have a picture on my phone - I'll try to edit this post and upload a picture of the key parts.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast