Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BlueBUS

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    Awesome, looking forward to it! With the talks of the CVC, do we need to do this or will it be taken care of before being shipped out?
    This shouldn't apply to anyone going forward. The original reason I had to create the tool was that the last batch that went out in early March did not have the license key applied as Qualcomm dragged their feet. I already have the license on hand for the units coming in June, so it's not an issue .

It's just coincidence that the tool works to enable cVc for units from earlier batches where the bug existed that left the algorithm off.

-Ted

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    This shouldn't apply to anyone going forward. The original reason I had to create the tool was that the last batch that went out in early March did not have the license key applied as Qualcomm dragged their feet. I already have the license on hand for the units coming in June, so it's not an issue .

It's just coincidence that the tool works to enable cVc for units from earlier batches where the bug existed that left the algorithm off.

-Ted
    Sweeeeet!

Has anyone installed the BlueBus in a 2006 ci convertible? If so is the installation the same as the sedan or coupe? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkman View Post
    Has anyone installed the BlueBus in a 2006 ci convertible? If so is the installation the same as the sedan or coupe? Thanks
    contact SNA77, he installed Bluebus in his vert....

Just got my 2 Bluebus units. Lots of questions.

2005 ZHP coupe Nav

With installation, music plays and the bluetooth connects seamlessly. However no audio can be heard when attempting to use the car during a call. I couldn’t find the TCU in the trunk, and the trunk lid doesn’t say prewired for phone, but the car shows a telephone feature on the screen, and phone and voice command buttons on the wheel. I figured it was optioned with a mic but without locating the TCU I am starting to doubt it. On the bluebus it shows an audio setting with a mic db adjustment, which I don’t know if that means there is a mic in the car or just a bluebus setting.

So what is the best way to tell if I don’t have a tcu or microphone at all or if I just need the 54 pin adapter?

2002 330Vert, BusinessCD, built 8/02.
    Prewired for telephone.
    Hooked up the 2 wires on the left side., same way as was done in ZHP. Car will not recognize Bluebus when toggling Mode selector, only goes between radio and CD player. No aux or Bluetooth.
    What do I need to do to hook up?

Thanks!

If there is no TCU In the trunk then the chances are you dont have a mic either. You can check the mic easily by removing the panel behind the dome light near the front windshield. I dont use Bluebus but I would assume a newer CD unit may be needed.

Hi all,

Got my bluebus yesterday and the install went (broadly) ok!

Couple quick questions:
    1) When I try to update the firmware on the device
    ----a) Should the device be plugged into the car (for power and/or signal) or should I take the unit out of the car and bring it into my office and do it on the desk?
    ----b) When I try doing the upgrade just on my desk (not plugged into the car) I get an "ERROR: Unrecognized Device" message, and can't go any farther. I get this error with a pair of USB cables and on a pair of computers (one M1 Max MacBook Pro and one Windows laptop). Any ideas?

2) I've currently got the device installed with i) 3 pin power, ii) 6 pin analog signal, iii) handsfree via the SES adapter. All is working fine. My questions are about whether it's worth hooking up iv) digital signal
    ----a) In my "wire bundle" from the factory, I see what look like two different coaxial "antenna-style" connectors (pic below). One is in a cream/white colored protective clip. The other is in a sky blue colored protective clip. Which of these two is the digital audio connector I should be plugging into the bluebus? Should the colored clip be removed or is it possible to install the correct coaxial antenna-style connector with the colored clip in place?
    ----b) if I plug in the (correct) digital coaxial antenna style cable, will the bluebus default to getting sound over the analog wiring or the digital wiring?
    ----c) should I expect any difference in sound quality between the analog wiring and digital wiring?
    ----d) out of curiosity, what is the other coaxial antenna-style cable used for?
    ----e) out of more curiosity, what is the 3-pin plug that is in the big pre-wiring bundle in the trunk (with the red wire, the brown wire and the yellow/red-looking wire in the image I attached)...the one that *isn't* paired up with the 6 pin analog signal wiring for the CD changer?

Name:  IMG_2846.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  841.9 KB

2004 E46 330ci ZHP Coupe | Mystic Blue/Black Leather

Follow up to the above post:

When I put the ignition to position 1 and set the "comfort blinks" option to 3, it works great. I save the option and can confirm the blinker fires 3x when tapped once. Great.

But as soon as I start the car, it goes back to a single blink.

If I start the car and then program the BlueBus for 3 blinks (or any other number) the setting sticks within the BlueBus interface, but the behavior is always "1 blink".

I.e. no matter how I program the unit, I only get one blink when the engine is actually running.

Anyone else encounter this issue/have suggestions?

2004 E46 330ci ZHP Coupe | Mystic Blue/Black Leather

Quote Originally Posted by 2004_blue_zhp View Post
    Hi all,

Got my bluebus yesterday and the install went (broadly) ok!

Couple quick questions:
    1) When I try to update the firmware on the device
    ----a) Should the device be plugged into the car (for power and/or signal) or should I take the unit out of the car and bring it into my office and do it on the desk?
    ----b) When I try doing the upgrade just on my desk (not plugged into the car) I get an "ERROR: Unrecognized Device" message, and can't go any farther. I get this error with a pair of USB cables and on a pair of computers (one M1 Max MacBook Pro and one Windows laptop). Any ideas?

2) I've currently got the device installed with i) 3 pin power, ii) 6 pin analog signal, iii) handsfree via the SES adapter. All is working fine. My questions are about whether it's worth hooking up iv) digital signal
    ----a) In my "wire bundle" from the factory, I see what look like two different coaxial "antenna-style" connectors (pic below). One is in a cream/white colored protective clip. The other is in a sky blue colored protective clip. Which of these two is the digital audio connector I should be plugging into the bluebus? Should the colored clip be removed or is it possible to install the correct coaxial antenna-style connector with the colored clip in place?
    ----b) if I plug in the (correct) digital coaxial antenna style cable, will the bluebus default to getting sound over the analog wiring or the digital wiring?
    ----c) should I expect any difference in sound quality between the analog wiring and digital wiring?
    ----d) out of curiosity, what is the other coaxial antenna-style cable used for?
    ----e) out of more curiosity, what is the 3-pin plug that is in the big pre-wiring bundle in the trunk (with the red wire, the brown wire and the yellow/red-looking wire in the image I attached)...the one that *isn't* paired up with the 6 pin analog signal wiring for the CD changer?

Name:  IMG_2846.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  841.9 KB
    1A. Doesn't matter. It works both ways.
    1B. This is because of an issue with the update tool, nothing to do with your specific unit. I just need to update the tool.

2. As a general rule, no E46 has the ability to use the digital interface because neither the standard amp nor the HK accept the digital input. The same applies for all E83s, and E85/E86s made after 09/2004.

2A. This is a Bluetooth antenna input for the factory system.
    2B. If it were possible, you would have to change the "DSP" setting on the BlueBus to force it into Digital mode. Radio coding controls the input used on vehicles with the DSP amp.
    2C. On the E38, E39 and E53 (which use the same exact amp), yes, and it's massive. On the E83, E85 and E86 (which use an updated DSP amp), the difference is very minor.
    2D. On the BlueBus? It's S/PDIF over coax. The factory ones are just that: antenna inputs for the factory phone.
    2E. Power for the factory cell-booster module ("Compensator").

Quote Originally Posted by 2004_blue_zhp View Post
    Follow up to the above post:

When I put the ignition to position 1 and set the "comfort blinks" option to 3, it works great. I save the option and can confirm the blinker fires 3x when tapped once. Great.

But as soon as I start the car, it goes back to a single blink.

If I start the car and then program the BlueBus for 3 blinks (or any other number) the setting sticks within the BlueBus interface, but the behavior is always "1 blink".

I.e. no matter how I program the unit, I only get one blink when the engine is actually running.

Anyone else encounter this issue/have suggestions?
    This is kinda wild. Any chance you could send me a log? I'll respond to your email shortly, but I have a 2004 and a 2006 E46 (Touring and Coupe) and neither have this issue.

-Ted

So I’ve been having an issue with my bluebus. I am unable to cycle through the menus and options easily because the LCD display is continuously going back to the main menu and cycling through text. Adjusting bass or treble takes twice as long as I have to basically start from the beginning with every adjustment

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast