Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BlueBUS

Thank you so much for sharing your experience locating the correct wires to install the blueBus. I’m really excited to install it. Please DO send photos throughout your setup in your ZHP onto this forum. Would be very curious to see how you place the blueBus and how you located everything. I will be checking in on how everyone does.

Stay safe,
    Chris

Was your CD changer a silver box underneath the Black Navigation DVD Box?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWM3186 View Post
    I had the same issue, I had to think about it for a minute. There are some plastic pop rivots on the trunk liner remove those and you should be able to remove the carpet covering the cd changer in the back. On my 05 coupe there were 4 8mm bolts holding the 6cd changer in. Remove those and pull out the cd changer, there will be two wires plugged into it. Remove those and plug them into the bluebus.

You are finished now except for the calling function, I havent received my 26 pin? adapter for that yet but there is a bundle of wires wrapped up in a foam blanket near the cd changer. There were 4 cables total in that bundle, one being for the 26 pin for the calling functions of the bluebus. Im guessing we have no use for the other 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegestudentwithazhp View Post
    I don’t have a navigation box. But the cd changer should say cd changer on it and have a place where you can put 6 cds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just installed mine today, although I haven't received my casing yet...

It is my understanding that you don't want the latest mic. According to the bluebus site itself you want part #84318380338 or #84318380319 NOT #84316938762, which I believe is the most recent part number.

The e39 source youtube video shows you exactly which two plugs you need to power on and get sound. The wires are the same in the e46 as the e39. Unraveled there is a considerable length of wire to work with- that may help as an identifying factor.

For people who chose not to buy a $25 cable, below is a ling on how to pin for the mic function.

https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...-TCU-connector

Great info, thanks!

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

I got the thing yesterday ('06 ZHP coupe, HK, no nav) it works like a charm. Metadata on the old OEM display, etc...super cool, Ted Salmon got it done! I'm trying to figure out how to tie in the mic on the ceiling as a bonus. I plan on pulling the trunk apart again once I get a part or two.

Going to look into getting this for my ZHP. Just out of curiosity, how do you know if the car comes with DSP?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    Going to look into getting this for my ZHP. Just out of curiosity, how do you know if the car comes with DSP?
    Our cars (e46s) didn't come with DSP. I think that was a e38 and e39 thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoonin88 View Post
    It is my understanding that you don't want the latest mic. According to the bluebus site itself you want part #84318380338 or #84318380319 NOT #84316938762, which I believe is the most recent part number.
    That is incorrect. I have the latest mic (84316938762) installed in my ZHP and updated my BlueBus with Clear Voice Capture which cancels echo and noise picked up by the microphone in the vehicle. Since applying this to my BlueBus I have not had any issues using the "latest" mic. For those who have not enabled cVc license using Clear Voice Capture, run this utility to enable this on your BlueBus and you should be okay.

https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...-Voice-Capture

There is much more information contained about BlueBus in this thread:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...46-coming-soon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast